7. Fox in the hen house

"Life can toss you a few curveballs. Don't let them stop you doing what you love. Transcendents have a way to overcome adversity. Take parenthood for example. Your child will have a kinetic ability and a destiny set in stone by the stars; and how you figure out how to raise said child – will allow you to conquer that challenge. Pindar once said, 'Every gift which is given, even though it be small, is in reality great, if it is given with affection.' We believe he meant a baby who would be loved endlessly would be great. Transcendents have a different kind of pregnancy. Embrace it as your life continues to change; but beware the darkness as it finds a way to take the child out. Always be alert – hone in on the motherly or fatherly instinct or suffer defeat."

- Transcendent Book of Life

Arriving at the doctors, we see all kinds of couples at different stages of their pregnancy sitting in the comfort of the chairs; in the waiting room...and a feeling hit me. I'm a teen mom in a town full of secrets and lies and even more skeletons in the cupboard. "Emma?" asks a young girl as she tapped on my shoulder.

"Yes?"

"We need to talk."

"I don't know you and lately I am not extremely trusting."

She places her hand on me which strikes a powerful vision to sway over me.

∞ ∞ ∞ ∞

I'm in the middle of the town. Buildings are crumbling down to rubble from the fire attacks; while bricks were still smoldering. Glancing down at my belly, I notice I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight – meaning I already lost the child. What am I looking at? Two shadows are coming my way. A tall blonde guy with sharp blue eyes; and a decently tall, dark-haired, crystal-eyed guy. Isaac & Eddie. No. This can't be how I die. At the hands of the two guys I loved.

"Emma. You need to pick one of us. You cannot continue to be selfish and greedy."

"I might hate him – but he's right. Em, you can't string us along anymore."

"What are you talking about? To choose one over the other? No. Either kill me or leave me alone."

"I don't want to do this."

"He's alive." Smiles Isaac as he stuffs his hand in his jacket; and pulls out a switchblade.

"What are you insinuating? Who is alive? Why do you want to kill me?" I say all at once; while he continues to inch closer to me.

"Because I still love you. Granted it pains me, especially with the loss of our child; but if one of us doesn't kill you – we'll be punished by them." Sadly states Eddie as he takes a dagger out of his back pocket. Backing up against a tree, I throw my hands up and beg, "We'll find a way around this. Eddie, it doesn't have to be like this."

He glides the dagger on my neck, teasing me. "I don't want to kill you, but you've given us no choice." Placing my hand on the dagger, I hold it against my neck and let out a single tear. "I had no choice. Not now. Not ever. That prophecy destroyed this town. It's changed who you are. We use to be two love struck fools and now we're nothing. This war has gotten out of control; with no end in sight. Run away with me – don't let the darkness win." Isaac slowly comes up behind me while holding the switchblade on my spine.

"You made your bed; now you must live with it."

"All of the secrets got to be too overwhelming. Took Willoughby hostage. Kill me and I'll be with our son. Kill me and I'll be on the path to enlightenment."