14. The Dark Prophecy

"Rule number eight: do not and I repeat, do not allow the dark prophecy to come to light. Siblings fighting against one another is one thing – but to have them fight to death to show who is stronger; is a completely different and tragic thing. As a Transcendent, I urge you to find a way around it – because war will come...but so will this prophecy. Wherever darkness goes, the prophecy follows. Bertrand Russell once stated, "War does not determine who is right – only who is left." Don't forget that. It's important as a human, inhuman, or Transcendent to live by that statement. We are expendable in this game of chance. "We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out." Said wise-man Winston Churchill. If the prophecy never sees light – it'll be a good thing. If it comes out...run like hell."

- Transcendent Book of Life

It's been five days of: no sleep, poor hygiene, an appalling diet, & on and off research throughout the books; as well as no contact with the outside world. In my honest opinion, we need all eight books to decrypt the dark prophecy and attempt to nip it in the ass. Without the additional information, there is no way we can beat whatever it is headed our way. Maybe we should throw our hands up and surrender? No. Don't do that. Fight for your people. Fight for you. Fight for justice for Sebastian. Don't give up, because it's getting too hard. Who cares if the odds are stacked against you? Wow – not helping.

"I think I found something."

"Is it another dead end? We've had about a thousand of those in the past five days."

"No..." starts Eddie before circling the table and twisting the book so that I could read whatever it was that he uncovered. "Here is what I found. Finally something I can understand." The words were lined in gold that read: A rogue transcendent and a blue angel that is destined to rule – will face off in a head-on battle to the deaths. Cocking my head the right, I give a crooked smile and say, "I'm the blue angel. That's what all the books refer to me as. A transcendent with Omnikinesis – they are hard to come by. A rarity. A rogue transcendent? It could be anyone...not just him."

"Yeah, but the facts are stacked against that theory Em."

"Do any other books mention this bloody curse?"

"The dark prophecy will be the end of all Transcendents." Reads Eddie as he jots down that piece of information on a scratch sheet of paper. Swiping the crumpled paper, I read it and take a quick breath. "We can't let this prophecy come true. First this and now my visions – it's inviting the dreaded thing into our backyard; just to turn on us." Thoughts swirled in my mind.

Who is next to be taken?

Why must we seep to this level to prove superiority? Haven't we progressed far enough into the future to prevent something catastrophic? Is there any way to stop what has already begun? A few nights ago, I waged a war on the Delphians...since inadvertently they caused my miscarriage to happen – only because Delphics are terrified of the prophecy and attempted to stop it. Bravery only gets you so far. The rest of the way is paved by: cowardice mistakes, recklessness, and no time to think about petty consequences. Anyone connected to the prophecy is taken out of the equation...which means Eddie and Nikki – and that is something I just won't stand around and wait for.

"I can't do this anymore."
"Baby, we're going to win the war."

"It's not the war I am worried about. I cannot do 'us' anymore. We lost our son. It was my fault."

"Where is this coming from?"

Lie. Stall him. Make him hate you. Do something. This is the same guy who would go through a universe for you; so you have to do this. Make it painful and full of heartache. Break his heart. Well, that is easier said than done. If I don't end things with him – he will die. If I don't start thinking about the longevity of things – we will die. If the dark prophecy is true – everyone will die.