Chapter 4

If I didn't know before I Know now that Ashton's personality totally changes on the field. He goes from laughing and flirting with everyone he sees to hard core team captain, who expects nothing but the best.

Let's me also mention that this Ashton is kinda scary.

"If you're gonna be on my team you're gonna need dedication, perseverance and commitment." Ashton continues glancing at me.

What? I have all of those.

He just finished his long speech, and I finally think we're gonna start try outs.

  My palms are sweating cause I'm so nervous. I'm the only girl here and I hope I'm good enough to make the team.

"We're splitting you up into 3 groups to assess you easier." Ashton points to Jacob and Simon.

"One groups with me, one is with Jacob and one with Simon."

Ashton starts spitting us up one by one, I zone out until my name is called.

"Jess king" he points to himself, indicating that I'm in his group.

That was not the group I wanted to be in. I would have prefered Jacob or Simon.

I walk up and stand next to the other 4 people who are also in my group.

When tryouts started, everyone was giving me weird looks probably thinking what a girl is doing here, but I just ignored them.

Since there are about 50 people that want to tryout they have something called evaluation, where in the span of three days they quickly look at everyone and pick about 16 people to actually tryout.

I got to miss that assessment so I don't really know where I stand.

That's also why there are only 15 people here, they like to reduce the number as much as possible so that they can properly asses our skill.

Since our schools team is the best in the district they take newcomers to the team very seriously.

Only 5 people are actually gonna make the team from us fifteen.

The other 10 are already on the team from previous years and don't have to tryout again.

"Follow me." Ashton starts walking to the far left area of the field right where the sun is pointing.

They already have pylons and balls set up all around the huge field.

"Get in a line and start dribbling through the cones, I want to see accuracy and speed."

He points to the cones set up one after another.

I watch Ashton while the first boy goes, I don't know him but he's probably a sophomore.

He watches for a few seconds then writes something on the paper in front of him. It's impossible to see if he's impressed or not. His face is blank. Blast him for being so good at covering his emotions.

Adrian a guy I have in some of my classes goes next and is pretty good at it but again nothing from Ashton.

Before I know it I'm next in line and I'm waiting for the person going to finish.

I take the ball and start dribbling, these pylons are really close together. I don't want to mess up so I go in a moderate pace.

I'm reaching the end so I start to speed up a little in case I'm not going fast enough.

Upon reaching the end I pass the ball to the next person and he goes, then the next and the next then me and we just keep repeating like that, for about 10 minutes.