Chapter One

An updated version of this book is now available to download from smashwords.com for free! :)

~♡~

This is your typical high school. A parking lot filled with kids in their own cliques; the athletes throwing pig skin across the lot, cheerleaders chatting away by their sides, the studious kids carrying their books with the occasional one dropping their huge stack of books, by standers who are just dazzled by the thought of being apart of the early morning routine and of course the ones who just don't really care at all.

As I passed the line out of these cliques against their cars I avoided making eye contact with them. There's nothing worse than being their target for jokes and pranks; trust me, I've been there. The parking lot was huge; spreading across the whole school front and a section at the left wing.  

"Hey, Kate!" My friend Patricia called as she caught up to me. Her huge handbag weighed her down as it hung from her forearm. 

"Why don't you get a normal book bag?" I asked. 

"Are you crazy? This is my new Michael Kors. Daddy bought it for me yesterday." she switched the bag to the other hand.

"Is he still trying to buy your love?" 

"Yep." she said popping the 'P'.

"Why?"

"Doesn't matter. I'm getting new stuff!" she giggled. 

I shook my head and we continued walking toward the school entrance. I had three weeks left until graduation and I can't wait! Everyone was giddy about prom and prom dresses; I only cared about getting my diploma. 

"Have you gotten your dress yet?" Patricia asked.

"I'm not going." I simply said. 

She stopped in her tracks and I could tell her expression was priceless. I turned around and saw her mouth hanging wide open with her bag on the floor. I quickly shut it and picked her bag up. 

"Careful, you might catch flies." I said while placing her bag on her arm then patted her back. When I saw no change in her expression I walked off. She snapped out of it and caught up to me again.

"Why?" was all she asked. I shrugged. 

"Why??" she pressed again.

"I just don't see the sense of wasting money on a dress just to have some guy try to get with me." 

"That's the point! It's the last time all of us will be together; at this school, in that moment." She stopped walking again.

"I'm gonna be late!" I said irritated. I was getting a little touchy with this topic. 

Patricia sighed and walked with me to our first class together; Biology. We sat at our usual spot where two of my other friends were waiting; Jill and Phoebe. After we all exchanged hugs and kisses on the cheek they returned to their conversation. 

"Like I said, I'm thinking of a purple dress. Maybe short... with a lotta cleavage." Phoebe grinned. We all shook our heads; knowing where she was going with this. 

"Hey, c'mon. Don't dismiss the idea so quickly. I'm not getting any younger and this hot piece of ass-"

"Can't hold out any longer." We all finished in unison. Phoebe blushed. 

"Do I say it that often?" 

"Yes." I answered. 

She sat there quiet for a while then spoke up again. "It's not that bad, I mean It's been like..." she paused and counted on her fingers. "two weeks!"