Chapter Sixteen

I woke the next morning with someone slightly shaking me. I groaned and rolled over. I felt like I'd been asleep for a long time due to the amount of crying. I felt stupid for crying over him bit I couldn't hold it back. I guess I was crying for everything that went wrong in my life.

"Kate, let's get you home." Brandon softly said and I was hoping that I was dreaming of him. Dreaming that everything would be alright.

"What time is it?" I mumbled.

"Its three in the morning."

I slowly got up and rubbed my eyes. "Are you just getting home?"

"Yeah."

I nodded and got out of bed. He'd rather stay out all night instead of working things out. As much as it hurt, I had to accept that maybe, just maybe it really was a conquest.

"I'll drive you home." He told me and I nodded.

We remained silent the whole ride and upon til I got home. I said a small thanks and went up to my room and collapsed on the bed.

Tomorrow will be a long day.

***

Everyone was a little too happy on Friday morning. Prom was literally tomorrow and everyone couldn't keep still. I could sense the anxiety that filled the room.

We all stood in the auditorium as we got fitted for our gowns that we would wear on Sunday. Once fitted, we would rehearse our steps and how we're supposed to be seated etc etc. Classes were cancelled because duh, it was the last day of school.

There was a major party at someone's house later to celebrate our last day which would bring us into tomorrow morning before prom and prom would bring us into Sunday morning before graduation. It seemed like a big party weekend and since I'm definitely feeling blue today, I can't guarantee that I won't get drunk this weekend.

Brandon stood at the opposite end of the room and I tried my hardest to not look at him. He didn't pick me up this morning so I walked to school. My chest constricted everytime I thought about him.

"So I'm picking you up later to go to Brody's party?" Patricia asked.

We were done with fitting and was now lined up to practice walking up to the stage to collect our diplomas. I personally thought this was a good idea since I'm pretty sure I might trip over my own feet.

"Sure." I shrugged.

"Awesome! I can't wait to get wasted. Brody throws the best parties." Phoebe gushed.

Brody was a twenty five year old guy who still threw parties for us seniors every year since he graduated. His parties were always a huge rave and not to mention he got an immense amount of lays everytime he held a party.

When I first heard about him I was disgusted that someone like him had nothing better to do than to screw seniors. They're all over eighteen so it's not illegal but it was still disgusting. I hope by the time he's thirty, he'll realise how wrong it is to fuck an eighteen year old.

"I hope you're not planning on sleeping with him." I warned Phoebe.

She gave me her signature smirk. "Every girl that's been with him says he's the best they ever had. Kate, these girls are way ahead of me in the easy department. I wanna know what's so special to make him the best."

"You're crazy. He probably has an STI!"

"I'm always strapped wherever I go." She said proudly. "I just wanna know."

"Okay. Good luck getting him though. Half the population will be trying to score with him." This was true. If Phoebe thought like that, I bet tons more did too.

"I have my ways." She said with a shrug.

I didn't doubt that.

***

The day went by pretty quickly. Maybe because there were no classes. Patricia wanted to go to the mall so I agreed and we all went.

We caught a quick movie, just us girls and it felt great to spend time with them again. I was so warped in Brandon that I lost sight of my friends who were there for me since day one.

After the movie we sat and had lunch, chatting away the time but my mind was still preoccupied with Brandon.

"What should I wear tonight?" I casually asked.

All three girls looked at each other then at me. "You actually want to dress up?"

I shrugged. "I mean yeah, I am a girl you know."

"Yes, we know Kate." Jill rolled her eyes. "Why the sudden change? We've been trying to get you out of your shell for two years."

"High school is over. I'm older. Need I say more?" I deadpanned.

"Not so fast. It's a guy! Is it Derek?" Phoebe eyed me suspiciously.

I looked down. "Derek and I aren't together anymore."

"I'm so sorry, Kate. What happened?" Patricia held my hand.

"I wasn't the only one."

They all shook their head. "We'll cheer you up tonight. Promise."

I smiled at them. I couldn't love them anymore than I already did at this point. Which is why I need to tell them everything.

"Guys... "

They remained quiet and I took a deep breath. "I don't know how to say this so I'll just give you in a nutshell. When my mom brought this guy home I was so mad that I ran away and ended up at Brandon's house where we had sex, which I felt horrible about after because he said he didn't want a girlfriend but then after he was acting like I was his girlfriend which is weird then I ended up having sex with him again. Now things are complicated and I think I love him!" I took a deep breath after my rant.

"Oh! And by the way, my brother was involved with some underground fight club which we had to rescue him from which is how Cole got my phone. Oh, right. Cole is this street fighter who was supposed to fight Kevin but then we called the police and they raided the place now Cole has it out for us and I didn't tell you because I wanted to keep you safe and now everything is falling apart!"

I desperately looked at them. They returned my stare with eyes wide open and mouth hanging open I was afraid they would catch flies.

"Say something." I pleaded.

"You lost your virginity?" Phoebe blurted out.

I burst out laughing. Out of everything, that's what she got and I was so happy that was her response. From that I knew they wouldn't judge me and my shoulders felt so much lighter.

"Yes, Phoebs, I lost it to Brandon." I chuckled.

"Start from the beginning and don't leave anything out." Patricia warned me.

Did I mention I loved my best friends?

Thank you for reading :)

There's nothing like a little girl time to cheer you up!

Vote if you enjoyed this chapter :)