Chapter Seven

The next morning I was on cloud nine. Nothing could get me down today, not when last night was amazing! When I got home no one questioned me and Derek messaged me saying the sweetest goodnight text. 

I entered school with a huge grin just thinking of him. He's the perfect guy: athletic, gorgeous, sweet and smart. 

My thoughts were interrupted as I saw Patricia and the girls rushing down the hall. "What's going on?" 

"Shh, no time to talk." She grabbed my arm and brought me with her to her car. 

"What are you doing? We have classes to get to." 

She smirked at me while Jill and Phoebe giggled. "This is the day I've been waiting for since the start of the year!" 

"I'm confused here." I said, feeling left out.

"It's senior skip day!" They all said in unison and Patricia started the car. 

"Senior what day?" 

"Seriously? Where did you go to school? It's the day all the seniors skip school and hang out or do whatever we want."

"Are we allowed to do that?" I asked foolishly.

"Of course not!" They all laughed again.

This time I kept my mouth shut and nodded. Oh dear, this is not a good idea but how bad could one day be right? 

"Girls, it's road trip time! The whole senior class decided to go to the beach and have a bonfire later."

That didn't sound too bad I guess. It sounded fun even.

"Wait, I don't have a swim suit."

"No worries, dear. I brought a whole bag for you guys to choose from." Patricia grinned then sped off towards the high way. 

A few hours later we were all at the beach having a blast. Music was pumping from someone's car, the beer kept coming and the girls and I were getting our tan on. 

"This is nice." I commented.

"Enjoy it. It only happens once for us." Jill mentioned. 

I kept quiet and nodded my head to the music. i felt really, really relaxed where I was. Nothing could go wrong. 

Suddenly a shadow came over me and I opened my eyes. 

"Dance with me." Brandon said to me. 

"Why?" 

"Just come." He said seriously and I found the urge to get up and go with him. I noticed the concerned glances between the girls but I didn't ponder on it too long. 

We went over to where the others were dancing and I stood there awkwardly. At the corner of my eye I could see Samantha staring at me. 

"What do you want?" I asked him, finally noticing that his shoulder length hair was tied up. I had to admit he looked really good, not to mention he was shirtless and rocking a six-pack. I did my best not to stare... or drool. 

He began moving to the music and pulled me along with him. I felt extremely awkward at first and I even stepped on his feet a few times. 

"Just relax." He whispered in my ear and I nodded. Soon the music penetrated me and I began swaying to the music. 

"You look good swaying that ass." He whispered again but this time he bit my ear lobe. 

"Perv." I slapped his chest and he chuckled. Everyone around was having a blast; girls were dancing in their swimsuits, playing volleyball and some were definitely making out. 

"Look. I know what I said to your brother that day and I'm sorry." 

I nodded. 

"And I'm sorry for being a jerk when we first met." He added.

"You mean a complete asshole with a dick the size of his peanut brain?" I corrected him.

I saw his jaw clench and he took a few seconds before he answered. "Yeah, that." He said dryly. 

"Oh, lighten up. It's the least I can do after what I went through." 

"Can you just accept the fucking apology and be done with it?" He snapped and his brown eyes went a shade darker. 

I was both shocked and offended by his outburst, so I walked away without so much as a second glance. I felt so stupid for even thinking for a split second that he meant what he said, how very stupid! 

I plopped down beside the girls and huffed loudly. 

"I could chop his balls off for you." Jill offered. I laughed and kindly denied, though it was tempting. 

"I don't know what I was thinking." I admitted. 

"It's okay, we've been there before." 

That's why I love my friends so much; they understand and they don't judge me. The most they'll do is put me in line when i've strayed too far and that's how it should be. 

Nightfall came pretty quickly and the bonfire was in full effect. Kids were paired off with their significant, marsh mellows were being toasted and of course, beer was still available. Someone's car was playing really sappy love songs and that was my cue to leave. 

"Guys? I don't know about you but I can't take this sappy shit." I pointed in the direction of the lovely couples. 

"You got that right." Phoebe agreed with me and we all packed up. On the way to the car I took one last look and regretted it instantly.

I saw Brandon and Samantha cuddling by the fire. I probably stood there longer than necessary because his eyes looked up and stared into mine. I gave him two thumbs up and walked away. 

Complete asshole I tell you. Tries to get with me today, has someone else tomorrow. Men.

The whole ride home I sulked in the backseat for being such an idiot. Think of Derek.

Yes! Derek; my sweet, absolutely gorgeous sex god... who is far away. 

God, can I just graduate already?

Thank you so much for reading! Remember to vote and comment! Xoxo

Brandon !!  *swoons*