2. spy fly

Haley's P.O.V.

It has been a few weeks since Marcus and I officially started dating. It's been a great couple of weeks. We've been spending a lot of time together, and even though I never made a really big deal about it, it was actually kind of nice having a boyfriend. I never thought that I would actually ever get one in the first place.

Before school that morning, Bree, Chase, and I were finishing up some last minute homework. Chase offered to help us since we had no idea what we were doing. Even though Chase being all start sometimes got annoying, I was desperate. While we were working, a fly started buzzing in between Bree and I. I groaned in annoyance as the both of us began to swat it away.

"What is that?" Bree asked.

Chase laughed slightly and said, "Guys, relax. It's just a fly."

"Well, why is it bothering us when the foul, ripe stench of Adam is right there?" Bree asked as she pointed at Adam, who was in the chair right next to us.

Adam shrugged and said, "Lucky undies. Nine days in a row and no lightning strikes. That's science."

Bree, Chase, and I cringed before the two of us continued to try to swat away the fly. All of a sudden, Leo came into the lab laughing his butt off. Bree and I stopped swatting and looked over at him.

"You guys look ridiculous." Leo laughed at us.

"So would you if you had this stupid fly attacking you!" I snapped at him.

"Would I?" He asked me. He pressed a button on the watch he was wearing, and the fly landed straight on his hand. It didn't move an inch, but it still buzzed.

"How'd you do that?" Bree asked confused.

"I talk to insects. They call me the fly whisperer." Leo lied.

I rolled my eyes and said, "You know, you sometimes make me want to punch you in the face instead of Chase."

Adam quickly jumped up and ran over to us. He asked Leo, "You can talk to flies? Ask them why bees are such jerks!"

Chase looked down inside Leo's bag, and he sighed when he pulled out a metal canister. He said, "Guys, Leo is messing with you. That's Mr. Davenport's spy fly. He designed it for recon missions. You see? The fly's head is a tiny camera. Leo's controlling the entire thing with a track ball on this watch."

Leo rolled his eyes and then asked Chase, "Is there anything you don't ruin?"

Chase thought for a moment before smiling and saying, "Nope. Leo, I don't think Mr. Davenport would approve of you using his expensive gadgets as toys."

"Well then he shouldn't have gone to Rock & Roll fantasy camp. Hello? You're almost forty! You can't rock, and you're no one's fantasy!" Leo said as he took the canister out of Chase's hands.

"Can I see it?" Bree asked Leo. Her hand reached out to grab the canister, but Leo quickly ducked out of the way.

"Hey! Hands off, handsy! It needs to charge in its fly hive." He said as he opened the canister and placed the fly back inside, "I used it all night."

"Wait. You wasted your entire night playing with that stupid thing?" I asked him.

"Well, half the night. I spent the other half editing the footage." Leo said and he began to smile evilly at Bree.

"What footage?" She asked him.

"Well, now that you've asked." Leo said before walking over to the monitors. We all followed him over to them. He said, "I give you the best of Bree."