The Hero Dies in This One PT2

Chris walked onto the stage, there was some clapping but also a lot booing. Everyone remembered him from the last time he bailed on them. Nathan looked down at Claudia angrily.

"What's he doing here?" Nathan snapped and Claudia looked up at him.

"He is on tour with the wreckers. I just saw him." Claudia explained before she turned back to face Chris. 

"You guys still aren't ready for this. But I'm in a forgiving mood." Chris said as he looked over at Nathan. "This one's for you Claudia." Chris smirked at Claudia just to stick it to Nathan. Claudia looked away and Nathan looked murderous. 

___

"Maybe we should go." Claudia whispered to Nathan as they continued to listen to Chris, Claudia could tell that Nathan hated every minute of it.

"No. No, I'm gonna waste that guy." Nathan muttered angrily, Taylor stood next to Claudia.

"I thought that you weren't coming." Claudia said to Taylor. 

"My ride's running late." Taylor shrugged and then she smirked at Chris. "Who's the stud?" Taylor asked about Chris.

"Chris." Nathan replied stiffly. Taylor gaped before she laughed. 

"Well this evening just got interesting." Taylor laughed and Nathan walked away. Claudia looked after him.

"Thanks a lot guys, you've been... acceptable." Chris said into the microphone. The crowd cheers and he nodded. "The Wreckers up next." He said as he looked at Claudia and smiled. Taylor smirked, she was loving the tension. Claudia was not impressed. 

___

"Um... you played a really great set." Claudia said as she entered Chris's dressing room.

"Yeah, I know." Cs replied ignorantly, he still wasn't looking at Claudia.

"Alright, well,... good luck." Claudia said awkwardly smiling.

"You wanna know about it, don't you? The tour; the music." Chris asked as he turned to face her, Claudia looked back. "It's all happening for me now. It could still happen for you, Claudia." Chris explained as he walked up to her.

"It will, someday." Claudia replied certainly.

"Well, someday is here." Chris said and Claudia looked confused. "I talked to Michelle, she wants you on the tour." Chris said and inside Claudia felt amazing.

"So they did pick me." Claudia smiled to herself shocked.

"People love the duet. It's real. You know, Jessica started off as Michelle's back-up singer. Look at them now. The difference between wannabees and successes is grabbing opportunity." Chris tried to convince as Claudia looked down sad. "Our tour bus leaves in a couple of hours and you know you should be on it." Chris stated certain, Claudia looked up at him. "You brave enough?" Chris asked taunting. Claudia frowned, she couldn't answer. 

___

Claudia and Nathan enter the apartment after TRIC.

"You know, now that Taylor's leaving, maybe we'll have enough hot water for our own showers." Nathan joked, Claudia smiled as she closed the door behind her. She walked up to the counter and sat on it sighing. Nathan walked up to her and they hugged.

"Claudia, what's wrong?" He asked and Claudia let go of him and looked up, smiling sadly.

"Um... Michelle Branch likes my voice. She thinks I could be a singer. A real one." Claudia started and Nathan smiled at her proudly. "Chris said that she wants me on tour." Claudia continued and Nathan's smiled dropped faster than an avalanche crusading down a wintery mountain. "I'm so far ahead with classes and I'd be back in time for finals." Claudia finished, Nathan nodded- but not in approval.