Somewhere a Clock is Ticking

Nathan sighed as he picked up the phone. It was Claudia.

"Didn't know rock stars were such early risers." Nathan said and Claudia yawned as she sat in her dressing room.

"We just finished rehearsing all night." She laughed to herself tiredly.

"Yeah don't let me stop you from falling into bed with Chris." Nathan said cynically and Claudia rolled her eyes.

"That would be a bit crowded considering I sleep head to toe with my mum. Now you mention it, that would also be quite awkward." Claudia joked and Nathan smiled to himself. He didn't say anything. "Come on Nate, he doesn't mean anything to me." Claudia said as she looked at a picture of Nathan.

"I don't know anything, anymore." Nathan scoffed as he got off of his bed.

"Well you should know that I love you." Claudia grinned but it was no use. Nathan was hurting.  "You know, I was just calling to tell you that we're gonna be on TV. We're doing this live interview and I was hoping you'd watch. I am singing a song as well." Claudia explained smiling.

"That's why you called?" Nathan asked sceptically.

"First of all I called to say I love you and second of all, Nathan, none of this means anything if I can't share it with you." Claudia replied sadly.

"Keith's wedding's today." Nathan sighed mockingly and Claudia was shocked.

"He's getting married?" Claudia asked surprised and happy at the same time.

"Yeah. It won't last." Nathan answered coldly as he stared out the window. Claudia closed her eyes and sighed.

"What, what can I say to make things better because I really want to. You know?" Claudia asked desperately.

"You can't, see, it's a part you have to live with." Nathan sighed smiling a little, Claudia just groaned miserably.

"Not even Chris is a dick and I love you." Claudia grinned jokingly but it was no use.

"He is you're type though." Nathan replied and Claudia was shocked. She didn't have a type, right?  "Assholes that you can change." Nathan stated sternly and Claudia shook her head.

"My type is six point two foot basketball players, dark brown hair, brown eyes. Extremely hot, has terrible taste in music and needs a tutor, Chris doesn't fit anyone them, does he?" Claudia asked rhetorically and Nathan just sighed. Claudia was been too confusing for him right now. He honestly didn't know if she loved him or not. Obviously she did.

___

"How's Hubby?" Chris asked and Claudia rolled her eyes.

"Not in the mood Chris." She snapped as she phone Keith. "Come on Keith pick up." She muttered as she closed her dressing room door.

"Claudia?" Keith asked and Claudia grinned to herself.

"Keith, you are getting married! I am so happy for you." She exclaimed smiling.

"Thank you Claudy." Keith replied back, he remembered Claudia's nickname. Claudia smiled to herself a tear slipped down her face.

"I am so sorry I won't be there." She apologised and Keith shook his head from the other line.

"Claudia, you are following your dreams. I would rather you doing that." Keith explained and Claudia wiped her tears away.

"Thank you Keith for being supportive." Claudia replied.