|29|

"How stupid could they possibly be?" Clarissa questioned lowly with a small smirk on her face. Her eyes were glaring outside of the window towards the looming building, more so on the two people who were walking into the building. She glanced away from Scott and Stiles towards Theo who was perched in the driver's side of his truck only to see him frowning towards the boys. "I mean they haven't even realized we've been following them this whole time."

"It's Scott and Stiles." Corey declared from the back seat, drawing a small smile out of the pair in the front. "They're not the most observant pair in the world."

"No." Theo mumbled thoughtfully, his voice thick with irritation as he turned away from the window to look at the girl who sat next to him. He intertwined their hands slowly, squeezing them as she offered a tight smile his way. "But they're getting close to the answers we need and I need them to understand that they need our help."

"For what?" Tracey questioned and Clarissa could feel a frown stretch across her face from the high pitched voice that came from the girl. "Why do we even need them?"

"Why do we need you?" Evie snapped and Clarissa knew that the older woman didn't like the brunette much either. "All you've done is complain since we got in the car."

Clarissa glanced in her mirror towards the frowning woman in the backseat, a grin tugging at her features.

"Can we just go in?" Josh questioned from the bed of Theo's truck and a grin tugged at Clarissa's lips as she saw his head looming inside from the little square in the window.

Clarissa watched as Theo nodded his head slowly, a frown etched on his face as he kept his eyes towards where the boys had left to enter the building. She reached over hesitantly, placing her cool hand over his in a comforting gesture.

Theo eyes turned away from the window to where her skin laid gently over his and a small smile tugged at his lips.

She felt her heart beat in her chest as he looked up to meet her eyes, the mixture of colors swirling around to create a beautiful masterpiece. She didn't feel the worry that the beast would follow them into kill them all, she just felt the elated sensation that the teenage boy next to her shared the same feelings as she did.

Heart palpitations filled her ears as he moved his hand against hers, lacing their fingers for a brief moment. She couldn't shake the feeling that this was her fate.

Clarissa Bane was completely and utterly smitten with the tall brunette beside her. She knew that anyone could see it, from the small glances that they gave each other or the way that he would bring her food while she was still asleep in their room at Evelyn's house.

She had no doubt in her mind that she was on her way to feeling an immense type of affection for him. The kind that would leave her tied to him for the rest of her days.

Sitting next to him, hearing his heartbeat as it thrummed against his chest made her feel invincible. She felt like they were building their dynasty, them and their broken family. She knew that it would be the dynasty that could make heaven shake because he was a devil and she was an angel and together they were unstoppable.

━━━━━☾━━━━━

Clarissa grimaced as she watched the black rat scurry through the water, narrowly avoiding her boots as she stepped over it. The chimera felt a surge of disgust fill her body as she sniffed lightly, the smell of decaying flesh hitting her nose as she watched the rodent shuffle towards the body of a dead animal.