|32|

6:55 A.M
Scott McCall's House

Clarissa could tell that they were all wary of her presence, even more so that Delcan and Brett were standing behind her once again. They never seemed to leave her to her own devices anymore and she didn't know if it was because she had died less than a month ago, only to come back to life, or because Theo had ordered them to stay firmly by her side until the beast and the Dread Doctors were out of the picture.

She was sipping on her coffee that was firmly in her hand. Her body was leaning haphazardly against her brother's boyfriend, surely wrinkling his school uniform that was covering his body. Clarissa glared heatedly at the table in front of her, ignoring the scowling faces of Malia and Kira as they stared her down from their places in the surrounding area.

"There's four steps." Stiles began, his voice pointed as he eyed Clarissa and the two boys that stood with her. "We get into Eichen, we get into the Closed Unit, we get Lydia, get out."

"And we have to do it all of this while getting past orderlies, guards, electric door locks, and a Mountain Ash barrier." Scott declared, finishing Stiles' thought for him when he noticed that his friend seemed to be too caught up in sending sour looks towards the three members in the room that didn't seem to belong there.

"That sounds like a normal Friday night in Beacon Hills." Brett drawled sarcastically, throwing his arms around the two Bane siblings that stood stiffly at his side. "I mean, what else is there to do for fun besides breaking into a mental institution that tortures supernatural creatures."

"Why are they here again?" Malia snapped heatedly, her pointed glare trained on the blue eyed chimera who finally looked up to meet her eyes with a fierce gleam in them. "She's Theo's lao dog and they're hers. She's probably going to run to him as soon as she knows what the plan is."

"I just want to get my best friend out of there." Clarissa grumbled furiously and slammed her coffee against the table because of how right Malia seemed to be in that moment. "Maybe if you didn't have the slightest attraction for my boyfriend then I wouldn't feel the urge to claw your eyes out every time I see you, but you do and I want to."

Clarissa rolled her eyes in disdain as the McCall pack all looked at her as if she had grown a second head. They weren't used to the new side of Clarissa that enjoyed painting mental images of gore and maiming. She felt her brother's fingers wrap around the wrist that was closest to Brett and sighed contently at the contact of her family member, knowing he was safer next to her than far away.

"Calm down, Clary."  Her brother mumbled quietly even though every person in the room heard the human boy state the words.

"You have a plan for all of that?" Liam questioned quickly, interrupting the growing tension that seemed to be brewing like a storm between the chimera and the werecoyote.

"I stole this last night off an orderly." Stiles stated quickly, holding up a key card that looked like the standard ones that Clarissa had seen the nurses hold onto at the hospital. "But it's useless 'cause they reset the codes each night."

"So why did you take it?" Kira questioned slowly, her face the perfect mixture of innocence and confusion.

"I'm getting to that." Stiles hurried out, his eyes on the trio that stood a little bit away from the pack.

"The only way to get Lydia out of Eichen is to make that key card work again." Scott declared sternly and Delcan tightened his grip against Clarissa's wrist as she scoffed at the teenage alpha's words.

"How are you going to do that?" Liam inquired quickly and Clarissa could almost smell the confusion wafting off of her brother's friend.

Though Clarissa wondered if her brother really spoke to Liam anymore considering how close he was to Scott. She felt a certain amount of guilt for causing a rift between her brother and his friends, between his old life and the new one that he had to adjust to because of her.