|33|

3:45 P.M
Beacon Hills High School Library

Clarissa felt a smirk tug against her lips as she heard two sets of feet above her on the second story of the library. She didn't know why Theo was going to offer them their help but she did know that her betrayal would soon be revealed in the ugliest of ways. She didn't want to hurt them. She believed that with their help, it would be simpler to get her strawberry blonde friend out of Eichen House.

She and Theo were leaning against opposite bookshelves, tattered copies of books nestled in between their hands. Clarissa smiled slightly as she saw Theo look up from the history textbook that he was flipping through and and send her a reassuring smile. Clarissa looked back down towards the novel in her hands that was filled with exciting words about peculiar children not so different from her and Evelyn.

"Argent said it wouldn't be like anything we've ever seen before." Clarissa heard Scott hurriedly rush out, his and Stiles' feet hitting the steps above them at an alarming rate.

"Did he say it was going to defy the laws of physics?" Stiles questioned sarcastically as Clarissa heard them hit the bottom floor of the library.

She could hear their heartbeats and rushed breaths as they approached closer to where she and Theo were perched, waiting for them. It was almost comical as they stopped short, seeing the blue eyed chimera looking at them with a pointed smile and her partner in crime flipping through the pages of a book, not concerned whatsoever about the glares that were piercing through his skull.

"What are you doing here?" Scott questioned, voice thick of betrayal as his eyes met the azure eyes of Clarissa Bane.

Theo closed the book with a definite thump, walking towards the glaring teenagers as Clarissa stayed rooted to her spot. "We still need to graduate."

"No. No." Stiles snapped, taking a firm step towards the teenage boy with a look of disgust on his face. "What you need is to be beaten severely with a lead pipe wrapped in barbed wire."

"Watch it." Clarissa growled quickly. She moved from her position against the thin wood of the bookshelf to stand next to Theo. She could feel herself getting angry. The sharp pain of her claws coming out and latching into the hardcover of the book that was firmly in her hands grabbed the attention of Scott and Stiles, who began to look at her warily. "I won't hesitate to remove a vital piece of your anatomy and feed it to Lydia's dog."

"Okay, I admit that mistakes were made." Theo quickly interrupted as Stiles took a threatening step forwards, his hand coming up to rest around Clarissa's waist. He tugged the blonde against his side, rubbing soothing circles against her skin that was exposed due to the shorts that hung low on her hips.

"Murders." Stiles snapped furiously, his glower directed towards the blonde that was contently standing in Theo's arms. "Some murders were made."

"I can make a few more if you'd like me to." Clarissa sweetly declared, her face the picture of innocence as she stared at Stiles' disbelieving facial expression.

"You know how the Soviets helped us win World War II?" Theo rhetorically asked as he dug his fingertips into Clarissa's side warning her to quit making the sheriff's son mad. "They knew how to make it through a Russian winter."

"That it?" Stiles wondered our loud, annoyance filtering across his features as he looked at the dangerous couple. "Okay. Thank you, Theo. Very informative."

"If you're planning to break Lydia out of Eichen House, you still need to get past the Mountain Ash." Theo started slowly, letting the secret out of the bag that he knew exactly what the McCall planned to do that night. "We can make it through. You can't, Scott."