|42|

"One of these days, I'm going to kill you McCall." Clarissa muttered angrily as she sprinted through the school. She was attempting to find her brother amidst the chaos, but the hallways were slowly filling with human beings. "Shit."

She knew that their plan would be ruined like it always was. That horrible feeling had returned in her stomach the moment that she had stepped foot in the hallway, and she didn't need to be a banshee to tell that someone was going to die.

It felt like she was running through a cemetery. Every person she had passed had blurred together until it was all a giant mass of unidentifiable faces.

She no longer knew where anyone was because Scott had ushered them into the madness and prepared to fight for their lives.

Clarissa froze in her place as she heard the unmistakable clicking noises that had begun to haunt her dreams late at night. It had started the night that Theo brought them all back and it had yet to go away.

"Where are you?" Clarissa whispered as her eyes darted around the hallway in paranoia. She had somehow ended up near the library in her panic endured sprint and it was surprisingly empty in the chaos. "Come on you ugly son of a bitch. I'm ready to stick that arrow of yours into your side this time."

Clarissa couldn't believe that they hadn't thought of the possibility that the Dread Doctors would be there when the beast was released. It was their creation and she should have known that they would want to witness the destruction that their science experiment caused.

"There you are." Clarissa cooed mockingly as the three beings rounded the corner of the hallway, their mask covered faces staring her down. "How are you boys doing today?"

The auburn-haired teenager was surprised that she was able to stand and stare at them without turning and running away. It was frightening to see them again when no one had seen them since the night she had died.

"Are you guys?" Clarissa moved her hand up to wave around her face, mocking the masks that had haunted her dreams constantly. "I can't really tell because of you know."

"Clarissa Bane." The robotic voice that came from the being grated on the girl's nerves like nails on a chalkboard. "Success but failure."

"Yeah yeah." Clarissa waved her hand once again, smirking as her claws slowly began to form where her fingernails were. "We've been over this before. I'm weak because I care but I'm still a monster. You guys really need to think of better insults."

The doctor with the crossbow took a step forward, slightly in front of his counterparts, and Clarissa couldn't help but take a step backwards from the beings. Her hand involuntary moved to her side where the arrow had pierced her skin, the side that her brother tried to hold her intestines inside of her body as he cried tears of sorrow.

"He brought you back and in doing so, made you less of a failed experiment."

"You really know how to woo a girl." Clarissa declared harshly, her fingers twitching as she gathered the rage in her body. The energy crackled underneath the edge of her skin, warming her body as it gathered in her clawed hands. "Now let's just cut to the chase here. Who's the success?"

"He is the success." The being with the crossbow spoke in his robotic voice, the sound beginning to bring fear into Clarissa's eyes as the being stepped towards her once again. "He is the one that will bring him back."

Clarissa felt confusion cloud her brain as the words registered slowly. Someone was going to come back through the beast and the auburn-haired teenager didn't know if she truly wanted to know who it was.

The sound of an object flying towards her snapped her out of her thoughts, her hand flinging up and catching the arrow before it could imbed itself inside of her eye socket.