Chapter one: The move.

Monday 19th September

Grace's POV💞:

It's Monday morning and I'm walking into school with my best friends, Safforn and Anna. We have all been friends since basically birth and live near each other.

Us three walked into the canteen and headed over to Saffron's boyfriend, Mason. We walk over to the table which Mason and his squad were sat on.

"Hey mase." Saffron smiled. Mason moved along the bench so saf could sit next to him. Anna sat down opposite them and I sat opposite this lad called manny.

"Yo, Grace! We ain't spoken in bare time." He exclaimed. I took my bad off my shoulder and said, "I know cos' how you been."

"Good you?" He asked me. I nodded. Then the school bell rang for form. I grabbed my bag again and began walking to form with Anna. Saf isn't in the same form as us.

"Hi miss!" I smiled as I walked in.
"Grace! Anna! Come here I've got something to show you." Miss replied. It might seem wierd but we're really good friends with our form tutor.

As we walked over to her she hid her hands behind her back.
"Show us!!" We yelled at her as the rest of our form came in. She revealed her hand with a shiny diamond engagement ring on it.

"Finally! He finally asked you to marry him." We both giggled in excitement. All of us finished our little scream then Anna and I went to sit down.

Miss recently moved the tables round so we have a new seating plan. Well "plan", we decide it.

"Ay! Grace and Anna! Sit with us." I heard manny yell. We began walking in the direction of where him and his mates were sat. Manny is part of a squad of about 10 but only 3 are in our form.

Anna sat next to Ben, Davis and James were already sat together.
So I had to sit next to manny. Not that I minded. As soon as I sat down I whipped my phone out.

I went on snapchat and immediately manny snatched my phone out of my hands and took a picture of him. In reply, I grabbed his and did the same. I saved mine to his camera roll cause I looked fine. Not going to lie.

"Gimme mine." I laughed trying to lean to grab my phone. He held his hand out, I snatched his hand and climbed on top of his. I claimed my phone then handed him him.

"Jesus what did I just witness." Anna laughed.
"79 physical." Ben replied.

Manny looked in his camera roll and witnessed my face. He tilted it so I could see. Then said, "fit". I quickly turned my head to hide my blushing.

"Oh my god!" I screamed.
"What!" Manny replied louder. Miss jokingly death glares up.

"I just got a tweet from EA sports saying. @GraceRoberts31 how would you like to be our ambassador for FIFAWomens." I explained quietly. Manny's mouth dropped as he grabbed my phone once again to assess the tweet.

"Reply!" He suggested.

@GraceRoberts31 : @EAsports would be honoured! Contact my manager I beg.😊

I started jumping up and down. Everyone joined me. I clung onto manny.

15 minutes later...

The bell went for first period. I got up out of my seat and Anna followed.

"We have maths don't we." I moaned. Anna nodded. I felt a tap on my back. It was saf.

"Hey girl!" I yelled. She smiled.
"Congrats!!" She screamed. I giggled and we began the trek to maths.

We got up there, then all sat down. I sit on a table with Davis, Saffron and Tom. Sir put us in a seating plan but it's okay. Tom is really smart so we all copy him.

"Right then, I'm redoing this seating plan. Davis, Tom up." Sir said.

"Manny, sit next to Grace. Christine opposite saffron." He announces. I look to saff and rolled my eyes. We both hate Christine.

"Yo yo, we meet again Grace." Manny laughed as he sat next to me.
"I know, can't get away from you." I teased. He lightly punched my arm.

5 minutes later...

Sir had finished the seating plan.

"Today we are doing Pythagoras." Sir explained. I groaned and deflected my focus to my phone.

Text from: MangyPhil😊💙

P: I know you've seen about EA. Come to my office after school, I have some papers for you to sign.

G: Omg! I'm so excited. I'll be there about 4:30. You're the best Mangy!

P: I know! This is a big deal but this is all due to your amazing footballing.

"Grace." Manny said. I looked up to see him. He smiled.
"Well done! You really deserve this." Manny whispered. I place my phone on the table.

Sir finished his explanation. Let's just say I'm not the dumbest of human. I'm quite smart. Plus my dad is a mathematician so I've learnt a lot. As long as I do my work, sir doesn't care if I go on my phone, talk etc.

I started my work and almost finished 10 questions in 15 minutes. My teacher walked over to my table and pulled up a chair next to me.

"Grace. Let me mark your work." He said. I nodded and gave him my book. All right as usual.

"Wow. Anyways how's the football?" He asked. Sir is a Chelsea supporter.
"Good about to sign a contract with EA to be the ambassador of FIFAWomen19." I explained.
"Jeez. That's amazing. Congratulations." He replied as he stood up.

I grabbed my phone and went on Twitter.

#FifaGrace18 - trending #1

Omg! Over 1 million tweets. Jesus. I showed manny. His mouth dropped. He scruffed up my hair in excitement. I pushed him.

"I've got to go to my manager after school." I mentioned.
"At least you have a manager." He jokingly replied. I punched his arm.

"Stop flirting!" Saffron laughed.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed the beginning of this story. Do you think Grace will fall for Manny? 😊