author's answers

(a/n: I know I've already left some answers for these questions in the comments, but here they are for all readers so if you're interested you won't have to scroll! for those users whose questions i answered just now that might be confused, i know i answered you in the comments, but thought if any more people or silent readers had these questions they might find them here. )

(feel free to drop any further questions here!)

author's answers

long time no see friends! since I finished this book in july last year (it's 2018 now?? what the actual frick) i have received a bunch of questions regarding - well, regarding lots of stuff. i figured i'd answer those now, perhaps set some minds at ease! 

 philocalic : Who is Rae with?

Like many of you guessed, I always imagined it to be Ethan. He was the one I intended from her the moment I created him and they began interacting. The ship Grae did sail for a bit, until I decided to violently sink it. Sorry.

violently_reads : Wow, you didn't say how they got powers, why doesn't everyone get powers?

In my mind, since I'm a science nerd, I chalked it up to mutations in genes and what not. They are dependent on some alleles (basically versions of genes) to be carried onto an offspring, and I imagined different types of abilities to have either dominant/non-dominant character. I'm getting way ahead of myself now, hopefully that's an answer!

chincuiying : What's the name of the sequel?

Well, it's called 'The Undoing of Villains' and I'm currently writing like crazy on it, so feel free to check it out! Think I'm around ten chapters in by now, so if you want more of my writing head over there! 

JosephIsMeBro : Does the sequel feature many of the old characters? Will you expand on the takedown of Polaris in the sequel? Are there going to be cute one shots?

Perhaps some characters will have a cameo! They probably will, considering that would be a great easter egg. No, I won't expand on the takedown of Polaris - I figured this ending was more like an action movie ending, leaving the heroes embarking on yet another adventure. Maybe cute one shots, if people request which characters they want to see! In that case, I could publish it here.

VirulentCloud : Do you love black canary?

Yes, she's ONE OF my favorite characters in the JLU series

yellowyoflowers : Do you like cats? What's your favorite color? Do you believe in dragons? Do you watch Game of Thrones? If you had a superpower, what would it be? Is Rae based on yourself or someone you know? 

I like cats, but LOVE dogs. I have one of my own, so I'm biased. Favorite color is blue or red. To answer the dragons question, I'll paste a small strip from one of my favorite comics called 'Nemi'

If I had a superpower, it would be to stop time (and then succeed on every test ever!) Either that, or flying

If I had a superpower, it would be to stop time (and then succeed on every test ever!) Either that, or flying. Rae is based mostly on my idea of a cool, badass female villain, although I WISH I could be like Rae. I guess she has some of my humor and temperament, if I'm honest. 

ZoeyTheDog: Who is Rae with? Is the second book about the heroes? Will the second book have the same characters?

See the first question! The second book is not about these heroes, but a new pair who will take Dynamo by storm ;) 

Izzyshadowmac: Who is Rae with if not Grey? Will she finish high-school? Will someone else steal our anti-hero's heart?

Probably Ethan! If she has the chance to not finish high-school, I imagine she will. If someone does, I suspect Ethan will pummel them into a shadow ;9

a/n: the sequel 'The Undoing of Villains' is being furiously worked on atm and if its piqued your interest, be sure to check it out - it's on my profile ! <3  XO, CLEO