Chapter 18

Adelaide

        I smiled shyly at Steve as he dragged me along. I have no idea where he's taking me, but I couldn't care less. As long as I'm with him, I'm all good. He brought us to a tree somewhat away from view. Then he knelt down on one knee. 

        I gasped putting a hand over my mouth. "Adelaide, I told you that once I get excepted into the army I would propose." Steve said. "So that is what I am doing now." 

"Adelaide I love you, will you marry me?" Steve asked.

I smiled and hugged him, knocking him over. "I love you so much Steve. Of course I will marry you." I said happily. 

        Steve smiled and kissed me gently on the lips holding me close to him. He slipped the ring onto my finger smiling. If anybody saw us now, it would be very awkward. But I just don't care. I just care that I now have the ring on my finger. I'm engaged.

        .....We're off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Oz........

:)

_______________________________

        Steve and I spent the rest of the week together before I had to leave for camp Lehigh. I left about three days before him. And it's been about three days since I left, so he should be arriving now. Peggy was so excited when she found out that we were engaged. Howard said that I should let him plan my wedding. Dr. Erskine and the Colonel just offered me a hug and congratulations. 

        "Recruits, attention!" I heard, I looked over my notebook at the recruits. 

        "Gentlemen, I'm Agent Carter." Peggy said, I saw some guys checking her out. I made note of those ones, wouldn't want someone like that with super strength.  "I supervise all operations for this division."

        "What's with the accent, Queen Victoria?" Hodge asked. "Thought I was signing up for the U.S. army." Tell me how on earth he managed to get recruited into this again? 

        "What's your name, soldier?" Peggy asked. 

        "Gilmore Hodge, your majesty." He answered.

        "Step forward, Hodge." Peggy told him. I laughed silently, so she was going to do that to them. "Put your right foot forward." He did as he was told. The other soldiers either were laughing or just watching. 

        "We gonna wrestle?" He asked. "'Cause I gotta a few moves I know you'll like." Oh, he is so in for it now. I thought and I was indeed correct. Peggy punched him right in the nose. I winced a little as I heard a crack. She must've broken it. 

        "Agent Carter." I heard, I turned to the source. 

        "Colonel Phillips." Peggy said as everyone stood at attention. 

        "I can see that you are breaking in the candidates, that's good." Colonel Philips said. I smiled leave it to him to make a joke and scare them. "Get your ass up out of that dirt, and stand up in that lineup at attention until somebody comes and tells you what to do." He barked at Hodge. 

        Hodge quickly stood up. I looked at his nose, definitely broken. "Yes, Sir." 

        "General Patton has said, war's are fought with weapons but they are won by men. We are going to win this war, because..." He said then he saw Steve and stopped a little. "...we have the best men. And because they're gonna get better. Much, better." I giggled at their expressions.