Chapter 28

Steve stood on the bridge talking to Agent Coulson. "I mean, if it's not too much trouble." He said.

"No, no. It's fine." Steve said,

"It's a vintage set. It took me a couple of years to collect them all. Near mint, slight foxing around the edges, but..." Coulson was saying.

"We got a hit. Sixty seven percent match. Weight, cross match, seventy nine percent." A tech said.

"Location?" Coulson asked.

"Stuttgart, Germany. 28, Canning Strasse. He's not exactly hiding." The tech said,

Fury turned to Steve. "Captain, you're up."

The ride was uneventful. Nothing happened. Then they arrived and saw Loki terrorizing the people. The looked pretty freaked out. He stood among them. "Kneel before me." Loki said. They looked slightly confused. Why does he want us to kneel? They thought. He got angry. "I said. Kneel!" They all knelt.

"Is not this simpler?" Loki asked as they all knelt in fear. "Is this not your natural state? It's the unspoken truth of humanity, that you crave subjugation. The bright lure of freedom diminishes your life's joy in a mad scramble for power, and identity. You were made to be ruled. In the end, you will always kneel." Loki said on his soap box.

An elderly German man stood up. 'Not to men like you." He said.

"There are no men like me." Loki pointed out.

"There are always men like you." The man said.

"Look to your elder, people. Let him be an example." Loki said preparing to end him. Then Captain America appeared.

"You know, the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing." Rogers said.

"Ah the soldier, the man out of time. How's your bride?" Loki said.

"I'm not the one who's out of time. And that's none of your damn business!" Steve said.

"Loki, drop the weapon and stand down." Romanoff's voice said from the ship.

Loki turned to the Captain and they started to fight. Loki thought he had him. " Kneel." He said.

Steve looked at him determined. "Not today!" Steve said. And then the fighting began again.

"The guy's all over the place." Natasha murmured. Then she heard her speakers get hacked as AC/DC started to play.

She looked up. "Agent Romanoff, did you miss me?" Tony Stark asked.

He attacked Loki and blasted him into a short wall. "Make your move, Reindeer names." Tony said pointing many, many guns at him. Loki's armor shimmered and then disappeared. "Good move."

'Mr Stark." Steve said.

"Captain." Tony said in reply.

Steve and Tony stood in the plane watching Loki as Agent Romanoff spoke with SHIELD. "I don't like it." Steve said finally.

"What? Rock of Ages giving up so easily?" Tony asked.

"I don't remember it being that easy. This guy packs a wallop." Steve said.

"Still, you were pretty spry, for an older fellow. What's your thing? Pilates?" Tony said.

Steve looked at him annoyed and confused. "What?"