Chapter 19

"I know this neighborhood. I got beat up in that alley. And that parking lot. And behind that dinner." Steve said.

Peggy looked at him curiously. "Did you have something against running away?" She asked

"You start running they'll never let you stop. You stand up, push back. You can't say no forever, right." Steve explained.

"I know a little of what that's like. To have every door shut in your face." Peggy said.

"I guess I just don't know why you would want to join the army. You're a beautiful dame." Steve said then realized his mistake, Lady would smack him for calling her best friend that. "Beautifu..oh a woman. I mean..." He tried to fix what he said. Peggy just looked amused. "An agent, not a Dame. You are beautiful."

"So is Adelaide. She was right, you have no idea how to talk to a woman, do you?" Peggy asked.

"I think this is the longest conversation I've had with a woman besides Lady. I didn't even talk to my best friends girl friend much. She was pretty scary." Steve said. "They're not exactly lining up to dance with a guy that might step on them."

"You must have danced." Peggy said.

"Well, asking a woman to dance always seems so terrifying. I only ever asked Lady, and that was just before she left. Haven't danced since then. And the past few years just... Didn't seem to matter that much. Figured I'd wait." Steve said.

"For what?" Peggy asked curious.

"Right partner." Was Steve's answer.

_____________________________________

Peggy and Steve walked into an antique store. "This way." Peggy said.

"What are we doing here?" Steve asked.

"Follow me." Steve followed her to the counter were an elderly lady was minding the register. "Wonderful weather this morning." Peggy said. Steve looked at her oddly.

"Isn't it?" The older woman asked.

"Yes, but I always carry an umbrella." Peggy answered. The lady smiled and gestured them back. They walked through a secret door. There everybody looked up and stared at Steve, making him very uncomfortable.

His discomfort disappeared when he saw Adelaide smiling up at him though.

___________________________________________________

Adelaide

Everybody looked up as Steve and Peggy walked into the room. Steve looked nervous with everybody staring at him. I smiled at him, when he saw me he seemed to relax. Then everybody went back to work.

(This is what Adelaide is wearing. http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=124759402)

"Good morning." Dr. Erskine said to Steve. Steve nodded at him, then smiled at me. The photographer decided to snap a picture. "Please, not now."

I walked over to Steve and gave him a hug. "You ready?" I asked. He nodded apprehensively.

"Good. Take off your shirt your tie and your hat." Abraham said. Steve looked extremely uncomfortable at that thought. I smiled at him as he looked sheepishly at me. Silently asking me to turn around. I nodded and went upstairs to meet the politicians.

"Senator Brandt, glad you could make it." Colonel Philips said.

"Why exactly am I in Brooklyn?" Senator Brandt asked.

I stepped up to explain. "We needed access to the cities power grid." I told him.

"Of course if you had given me a generalized requisition." Philips hinted at him.