Chapter 22

Adelaide

I was sitting in my room, looking thru the books that Steve gave me. Luckily they didn't take it. I still don't know why. I heard a knock on my door. I went and opened it to see Dr. Zola.

( http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=125825111)

"The Red Skull wishes to see you." He said, then walked out of the room.

I stood up and walked out of the room, For some reason I grabbed my bad with the drawings. I followed him out and through the corridors. I walked up to Johann Schmidt. "You wanted to see me?" I asked.

He ignored me for a few minutes. I was beginning to become annoyed when he spoke. "It appears that the new soldier we're using is lasting the longest. But he may not last much longer after this next set of tests."

I fought the urge to either burst into tears and cry or rush to my brothers aid. But I tried to remain neutral in my facial expression. "And you are telling me this because?" I asked.

He looked at me smiling slightly. "I didn't think you would want your dear older brother to die."

____________________________________

"The Hydra camp is in Krossberg. It's up between these two mountain ranges. It's a factory of some kind." Peggy said.

"We should be able to drop you around the doorstep." Howard told him.

"Just get me as close as you can. You know you two are going to be in a lot of trouble when you land." Steve said.

"And you won't." Peggy asked.

"Where I'm going if any anybody yells at me I can just shoot them." Steve pointed out.

"And they will undoubtedly shoot back." Peggy said incredulous.

Steve held up his shield. "Well lets hope this is good for something."

"Agent Carter. If you're not in too much of a hurry I thought we could stop off in Usurea for a late night Fondue." Stark said flirtatiously.

"Stark is the best civilian pilot I've ever seen. He's mad enough to brave this air space. We're lucky to have him." Peggy said ignoring Stark's flirtatious words.

"So you two?

Do you?

Fondue?" Steve asked awkwardly. Peggy shook her head, Adelaide was right. He does read to much into everything. Especially when he doesn't understand.

"This is your transponder, active it when you're ready. And the signal will lead us straight to you." Peggy told him.

"Are you sure this thing works?" Steve asked eyeing it carefully.

"It tested more than you, pal." Howard said.

They then heard gunfire and blasts outside. Steve stood up and opened the door. "Get back here, we're taking you all the way there." Peggy shouted above the wind.

"I'm jumping this plane, turn this thing around and get the hell out of here." Steve told her, strapping on his helmet and grabbing a parachute.

"You can't give me orders." Peggy said annoyed.

"The hell I can't. I'm a Captain." Steve said then jumped out of the plane.

__________________________________________

Adelaide followed Schmidt and Zola as he gave her time to think. He wanted her to submit to him and join him. Adelaide wasn't sure what to do, he has her brother. He's one of the few people she has left. She couldn't loose him, she's already lost to much.