5

Everyone dispersed. You were about to decide where you were going to hang out at whenever you remembered that you wanted to catch up with Rantaro and speak to him about a few things. Your eyes darted across the room, eventually finding the green-haired male. "Hey, hey," you called out.

"Hm?" He looked around. "Oh, it's you." He gave a polite smile and waved, patiently waiting for you as you walked up to him. "Need something?"

You quickly checked to see if no one else was around to listen. "Well, I just wanted to ask some things about you."

"Uhh, sure," Rantaro replied, rubbing on the back of his neck slightly out of nervousness. "Hehe, I'm not in trouble, am I?" You shook your head.

"No, not at all."

"Well then, would you like to hang out with me while you're at it?"

You tilted your head at him. "You aren't asking me out on a date, are you?"

Rantaro gave a shaky smile and blushed, embarrassed. "Ah, I'm sorry it came out that way."

"It's fine, really," you assured him. You attempted to give the male a comforting look. "Uh, anyway... I've just noticed your behavior. It seems like... ugh, how do I put this..?" Rantaro tilted his head in wonder and raised a brow, waiting patiently for you to continue. "Well... ok, look at this. Everyone is freaking out at every new corner and the new information that's given, but you... almost seem to accept itit's kinda as if you're somehow..." You then looked at him through slightly narrowed eyes. "...expecting it." Careful (Y/N), don't be too hostile, you warned yourself. You don't want to lose trust with someone already. "But, that's just my look on it," you said cooly in recovery, turning your head to the side.

Rantaro bit the inside of his lip. "Well... I honestly don't know how to answer to that."

"So... you really are just as clueless as the rest of us are, huh?" you questioned.

"I guess you could say that. I can see where you're coming from but, honestly, I have no idea why I'm acting this way," the green-haired male told you. He sighed. "Now I feel awkward. Like a bad person, somehow..." You felt as though it was your fault that his mood was ruined. Do something...! your mind told you instinctively.

"Mmph... sorry," you mumbled. An awkward silence passed through, with Rantaro just keeping his gaze on you and looking away only a few while you just squirmed in your place. All of a sudden your face lightened up at you remembered something. You started rummaging through your pockets, looking for something that you had seen earlier and decided to pick up. Now where is it...? "...Ah, here it is," you whispered to yourself. You pulled something out and held it in your palms in front of the teen.

"You've got something pretty interesting there. Where'd you find it?" Rantaro asked curiously.

"I woke up early and decided to go ahead and walk out of my dorm," you explained while fumbling around with the dog tag a little, "and I noticed that my foot touched something in the dark while I was leaving. So, I bent over, picked it up, and continued on as normal."

"Ha, nice," the green-haired male said. He just looked at it. ...Is this how I'm supposed to do it? you asked yourself, obviously not used to the situation. You have never tried to give something of your possessions to someone else, so it felt quite weird for you to just be sticking something out with the other person not taking it. You nudged your hands closer towards the teen insistently; when he gave no response, you furrowed your brow a bit out of confusion and frustration. You let out a small grumble, causing Rantaro to slowly tilt his head. You then suddenly grabbed his hands and dropped the dog tag in them.