8

Kokichi listened to (Y/N)'s footsteps as they became more distant to his dorm. He immediately sat up once the coast was clear. Wow, I can't believe I'm that convincing, he thought to himself, impressed at his own feat. The leader stretched out his limbs before reaching underneath his bed and grabbing something. Here it is. In his hands was a small diary along with a pencil. In his slightly childish handwriting, he began to write in his newest entry.

Dear Diary (second day),
The black and white robot bear, Monokuma, has installed a new motive to kill: all of us will die if a murder doesn't happen by nighttime two days from now. Isn't that just great? Now I can't trust anyone! And... I've decided to take some other matters into my own plans. But there's this other certain person. Their name is (Y/N), and they are the Ultimate Truth Holder. Interesting, huh? Me and them... we're polar opposites, almost. We've had a few encounters, and so I think I'll continue to do some tests with them. I mean, despite all that I've done, they have still managed to deal with me. Most of the others have had it by now. They sounded like they wanted to sob when I made fun of them, but they still took my hand... To keep things simple...the people here are just interesting. I have many plans-

Kokichi jumped in place when he heard someone ringing the intercom in his room. He messily shoved everything that he was working on back in its original hiding spot. He went back into his 'normal' persona and walked to the door. "Hellooooo," he said to the person waiting outside for him.

"Hey Kokichi," Shuichi greeted. "Uhm, would you like to hang out?"

The purple-haired leader shrugged before replying with a "sure".
***

You were sitting alone in your dorm, bored out of your mind. What the hell can I even do? You rolled your eyes for them to land in a random direction. You had tried to sleep for about five times at that point, and of course all attempts just had to be futile. When those didn't work, you gave up entirely and decided to just think. There were many things that needed some attention, anyway.

How about I think about the time limit, hmm? you humored yourself. You walked over to your table and rummaged around, finding some secret drawers. You picked up some paper that you found in one of them along with a pen. Making sure not to make any mistakes, you made the beginning of a list. "How to stop the killing game...? Or... How to escape the time limit?" You made both lists, one on each side of the paper. I may just... A grim thought had appeared in your head. However, you scribbled it down desperately as to have for an answer to fall back on.

"God, this is just...f*cked up," you whispered to yourself. You definitely could feel the despair starting to tap at your walls. "No, I don't think I could handle it...could I?" Shaking your head profusely, you crossed your idea out multiple times. It ended up looking like a message that a madman had crazily marked out to avoid it from being seen. Instead, you slowly wrote down another solution as to how to escape the time limit; one that wouldn't be helpful to just yourself, but rather the entire group: 'kill myself'.

You gagged a bit after reading that over again. The thought of it was disgusting, and absurd, but on the other hand...there was so much more. You sighed, nothing else really coming into your mind at that moment. Then, you suddenly remembered the thing that you heard about in the library.

You exited your dorm quickly, making sure to lock it before heading out, and dashed to the basement of the school. You used a trick to lessen the sound your footsteps made, just to make sure no one was going to follow you and ask questions. You slid carefully to a stop in front of the library doors and quietly slipped inside. You let your eyes scan the room, letting out a small hum. Again, nothing stood out as odd. This is getting annoying, you thought, closing your eyes. Are they just playing some trick or...whatever??