7

"What are going to do? Nighttime in two days...will be here in an instant," Tsumugi spoke nervously.

"Th-There's gotta be somethin' we can do... I can't die... The world needs my genius!" Miu squealed.

"I-I don't wanna... I...don't wanna die yet!" Kokichi said, lip turned in awkwardly as if he were about to cry.

"You don't need to worry. Atua will welcome you with open arms," Angie chimed in.

"...That's after we die, right?" Himiko said, aggravation showing a bit through her normally flat voice. Die, dying, death, you thought to yourself. That's all everyone is talking about, now. Is it really...the only option, though? You bit your lip a bit, listening to the others' input.

"W-We can't panic about something like this," Kaito announced. "I'll...do something about it."

"...Did you have a course of action in mind?" Kiibo asked the Ultimate Astronaut. Your eyes turned to Kaito again, hoping that at least someone would be able to think of something useful.

"I'm...gonna start thinking of one right now!" You bit your lip harder and shook your head before averting your gaze down.

"W-We gotta fight back then!" Gonta said slowly.

"Y-Yeah! If we strike them with some sneak attacks, we might have a chance of winning!" Tenko added, putting one of her arms up in front of her.

"What kind of Aikido moves even involve sneak attacks...?" Tsumugi asked.

"Come, everyone! Gonta use body, keep everyone safe!"

"You're going to go against those machines barehanded? Isn't that too reckless?" Ryoma questioned, finally deciding to speak up in the charade.

"B-But...we have to do it! If we don't, we'll die!" the Ultimate Aikido Master exclaimed.

"Wait! We still have plenty of time to calculate other possible options—"

"We've no time to be indecisive. We are being urged to make a decision..." Korekiyo spoke up. "To die fighting...or die from the limit."

"Why do both choices involve us dying!?" the Ultimate Cosplayer cried out.

"We're in a killing game, that's why," you said softly. "There's no way that we're going to find a way to escape where no one dies in only two days..." You raised your gaze a bit to examine the other teens around you.

"N-No way... Are we really gonna die? I don't wanna die yet..." Kokichi spoke out again. His voice seemed to have grown desperate. "I'm gonna survive! I'm gonna make it no matter what!" You noticed that his eyes were getting cloudy. Kokichi...

"N-No matter what?" Kaede repeated. You could obviously tell that she was thinking of something. "Wait! You can't do that, though! Even if you make a mistake, you can't—"

"Then you'll accept the blame?" The purple-haired boy suddenly washed off all evidence of his break down from his face, and put his hands behind his head and tilted his body a bit.

"Huh?"

Kokichi lowered his hands and got into a regular position. "Will you accept the blame if I die? I have people who will be sad if I die, y'know."

"U-Um... Well—"

"Nishishi...I'm lying. No one will be sad if I die." The male put his hands behind his neck again and put on an abnormal smile. You instantly felt something tick inside of you, and your eyes widened a bit. "...But I dunno if the same can be said for everyone else. Anyway...I'm gonna take off now."