38

"Alright, so we understand Miu plotted the murder, but we need to find out who killed her," Maki declared.

"And in order to figure that out, we need to understand Miu's actions... So, let's discuss her murder scheme step-by-step!" Kokichi announced, voice loud and full of cheer. "Let's see, Miu manipulated the Virtual World to use it as part of her murder plan. If she had succeeded, she would've gone past the wall between the chapel and mansion...and then—WHAM!—murdered me on the roof with the hammer."

"She would make the murder seem like it happened in the real world, and proceed to pin the blame onto Kaito," you added. "For her own alibi in the real world, she could say that she was logged into the Virtual World. In the Virtual World, she could say she was near the chapel the entire time."

"She'd make an excuse about how she couldn't reach the mansion 'cause of the fallen bridge," Kokichi continued. "She dropped the bridge on purpose, so she could separate the chapel from the mansion. Then secretly passed through the wall she installed, and took advantage of the loop. After, she headed to where we were supposed to meet up—the mansion's rooftop. Oh yeah...Kaito was probably logged out around that time, too."

"That's when I saw Miu," Tsumugi quickly interjected.

"Problem is, because of her murder plans, we don't even know where she was killed," Kaito commented.

"She was killed on the roof, right?" Maki inquired. "Kokichi told us the roof was locked, and that he couldn't get through."

"Maybe...that when culprit killed her?" Gonta wondered.

"That's probably what happened. The culprit killed her on the locked roof," Kokichi claimed.

"Did the culprit lock the door to the roof?" Kaito asked.

"Perhaps. I don't think Miu did it," Shuichi spoke. "If Miu did lock it, she would have done it when she called Kokichi to the roof. Even if someone came up, I don't believe she would change the target of her plan. She knew that Kokichi would come up later. Locking the door would be suspicious."

Tsumugi looked off into the distance. "Well, it's possible she didn't even think that far ahead..."

"She was smart... But also really, really dumb," Himiko added.

Just some casual insulting someone who just died, you thought, nothing much—

"N-No say such mean things," Gonta spoke up. "Killing game bad, not Miu. Miu not bad person. Gonta think we coulda been friends, if things different."

"That...might've been difficult. Even without this killing game."

"That wouldn't happen."

"Nuh-uh. No way, Jose."

"We should really continue our discussion," you anxiously interrupted them. "So... If Miu was killed on the roof of the mansion, then the culprit must have moved her avatar to the chapel after killing her, right?"

"So the next thing we should talk about is how they moved her avatar," Kaito announced.

"Now we know that the mansion and chapel were actually next to each other," Himiko spoke, "but the problem is the wall between them."

"Only Miu was able to go through that wall. The culprit wouldn't have been able to..." Kiibo noted.

"Then you're saying the culprit sent Miu's avatar through that wall?" Maki asked.

"Yeah, that's the only way, right?" Tsumugi questioned.

Kaito tilted his head. "But how would the culprit do that? I mean, it's not like they coulda thrown her."