The Meeting Room

We entered the meeting room where Chiron and some other campers were waiting. By now we were more comfortable around our old home and the campers but you could still tell we were out of place; we stood out like a gold silver in the middle of a Greek and Roman camp.

“Please take a seat.” Chiron said, “Words cannot describe how thankful we are for your help.” He said.

He did look thankful, I guess people must have changed while I was gone.

“It was our pleasure.” Luke said.

No it wasn’t, Zoe and I MMed at the same time.

Awee even when they are mad they still make a cute couple,  Silena said.

You truly are a daughter of the goddess of love, Zoe commented. 

I could tell she was blushing by the way she looked down. 

I smiled slightly, maybe this wouldn’t be so bad.

“We are glad we are able to help.” Luke finished.

“So, Annabeth said that two of your soldiers will build you a cabin.” He said, “If you wish you could build it next to Zeus’ cabin.” 

Zoe chuckled next to me.

I guess she’s in a better mood, I thought.

“Yeah, Leo already mentioned that when we entered camp and met him.” She said still using the same kind tone.

Out of the corner of my eyes I saw Grover giving me a suspicious glance.

The empathy link, Zoe MMed, Do you still have it?

I don’t think so, I replied.

It can never be fully taken, She explained, And now that you are back after so long it must be stronger than ever.

Oh joy, I MMed sarcastically.

“Hey, when will we know your real identities?” Grover asks.

“On our third night here.” Zoe replied while moving closer to me.

“Does anyone know who you really are?” He questioned us yet again.

“Everyone in the army knows the true identity of each of us.” I said, finally recovering my voice.

“I best be gone,” Chiron said, “The gods will look after you for a few minutes, apparently a fight broke out in the Ares cabin about which weapon is the best.” He said leaving the cabin along with some other camper that I never noticed.

“I meant someone outside of the army.” He said.

“Zeus and Hades know who we are.” I said.

“I mean someone in camp.” He said.

I knew what he meant from the beginning but I just don't want to tell him that Nico knows. I have been stalling the whole time and now I have no idea how to reply. 

“Technically Zeus and Hades are inside the camp.” Zoe replied looking proud about her genius comeback.

“I meant a camper.” He said looking slightly frustrated.

There was a moment of silence. No one knew what to say. I mean why was this question so difficult? We could just say no.

“Well... We were campers so yes. Some campers do know who we are.” Luke blurted out. Immediately  after he said he covered his mouth with his hand looking around the room to see if anyone heard. Of course they heard, I thought, The room was dead silent when you said it.

“If you are old campers then who are you?” Annabeth asks.

“None of your business!” Zoe snaps. 

The army looks at each other. We all knew this was coming, come on she can only have a patience that lasts so long.

“Why are you being so rude to me?” Annabeth asks looking desperately around the room as if someone knew the answer to her question, “I have done nothing to you.” She said.

“Done nothing to me?” Zoe asks leaving my arms and stepping closer to Annabeth, “You hurt the people that I love. You acted like a precious princess in the first war and watched as the people you loved fought, risking their life's.” She says. She wasn’t screaming, but truthfully her screams are better than this. Her voice was dangerously low, but everyone could hear her.

“Don’t you dare question my part in the titan war.” Annabeth said looking furious.

“You are the person that hurt the people that I love.” Zoe said ignoring Annabeth’s comment.

“Excuse me?” Annabeth said taking a step closer.

“But most importantly YOU are the reason that the hero of Olympus ran away from this camp.”
NO!, Luke Mmed us.

She didn’t, Silena said.

But she did, Bianca replied.

That was a bit too harsh, I say.

No duh, Sugar and Arrow say.

Annabeth looks like she’s going to explode! Forge screams.

I look over at Annabeth and notice that Forge is right. Her face is bright red and she has her dagger in hand; ready to attack at any moment. But her eyes gave away her true emotions; they were full of tears and held such sadness that it was unbelievable.

Zoe on the other hand looked mad and threatening, her words had affected her as much as Annabeth. Zoe has always hated the reason that I left camp, and now she took all of her anger out on the reason that I left here in the first place.

Annabeth.

“Who are you people?” Grover asks.

I walk over to Zoe and grab her hand. pulling her back so that she was standing in line next to me and our friends.

“How do you know all of this?” Piper asks. Jason had his arm wrapped around her in a comforting way. She had tears in her ever changing eyes.

“That is none of your business. For now at least.” I say, finally recovering from the shock that was caused by Zoe’s words. “We shall tell you on our third night here.” I say.

“What do you mean I caused your death.” Annabeth asks Zoe.

Warning in the next chapter secrets will be revealed. O_o