Chapter 7: Maybe not a monster

•Peter•
"If I so much as see a finger of yours laid on her again it's gone! Do you hear me?!"

•Ryan•
I could hear Pan yelling from far away. I cringed at the thought of what he could possibly be doing to the boy.

The youngest boy, Will, walked up to me. "Don't worry. Pan won't kill him." He says, noticing the worry on my face.

"What is he doing?" I ask.

"Punishing him, he didn't like what he did. Pan must really care about you." He said, looking up at me.

"No, he doesn't." I laughed. "He's probably just using me."

"You never know. I'd like him to keep you around." He says softly.

I kneel down in front of him so the difference in our heights decreased.

"Why is that?" I ask. He throws his arms over my shoulder, hugging me tightly. My heart melts a bit.

"It's been a while since I have felt the love of a mother." He tells me, not breaking the hug.

I hugged him back, feeling a feeling that I too hadn't felt in a while. The feeling of being wanted.

Will whispered to me. "Well, there you go." He gestures behind me.

Logan walked out of the trees. He was bloodied and beaten. You could see a tear streaming down his face, though he tried not to show he was crying.

He limped over to the boys. They had to wrap up his wrists. Will smiled.

"He got him back."

Logan glared at me. I didn't feel bad. I went on my way and did my own thing for the rest of the day. Pan came back to camp a couple hours after Logan did.

•••

After two weeks I had gotten closer to the boys. Turns out Pan had fractured Logan's wrists. He's still healing.

Pan slowly started to talk to me more. He had a pattern of showing he is boss, being nice, then leaving for the rest of the day.

I always thought about what he did for me at night, telling myself he did it because he will use me and he didn't want me hurt.

Recently I have found that Pan doesn't just smirk at everything. He's been smiling and talking to me in his free time. I started to enjoy his presence.

Today everything seemed to be a bit different. Today I didn't wake up to Pan yelling at me. I woke up naturally. I could smell hot food close to me.

Sitting up in bed I noticed a plate of food on my nightstand along with a note.

Meet me at the shore.
                                           - Peter Pan

I was surprised. He wants me? My stomach turned in nervousness. I had this feeling toward him that I didn't know how to describe. I hated him but I didn't. Over time he seemed to be just like the rest of the boys.

I ate my breakfast and got dressed as fast as I could. I was eager to see why he wanted me. Perhaps it was what he brought me here for.