Epilogue

Some people have asked for this so I am gonna do this.

The mice sit at my feet as I smile to myself, singing with tears welling in my eyes. I had been hoping things would've changed and they did, but it's difficult. The others are walking on eggshells around me. It's as if they're scared of saying something wrong and causing me to leave. No, that's not what I wanted from them. They act as if I am fragile like glass. I just wanted to be appreciated a little more and not left out, not treated like a porcelain doll.

"A second chance to give you something. It takes a lifetime to come from nothing. I refuse to believe in running away." I stare at nothing as the tears fall. Why am I crying? I have no reason to be crying, so why? It's useless. I can't find a reason for me to be crying, have I become so pathetic and sensitive that I cry for nothing?

The mice watch with sadden looks, but I finish the song. It's quite painful. It makes me feel bad since it's like I can't do anything right. I tense when I feel arms wrap around my torso. I almost had forgotten that today is when I choose to leave or stay. "Lance, it's okay," I hear Hunk whisper as he holds me. "We understand that you are doing your best. We're sorry for making you feel like that throughout these months. You're our family and family always fight. You should know."

I let out a laugh as I look up at him through watery eyes. I see the rest of the team and give them a watery smile. They all get down on their knees beside us two, wrapping their arms around us. Surprisingly, Keith does too, albeit his awkwardness with it.

  After breaking the hug, we talk about things and it felt good to be included in the group. I like that Pidge and Hunk and I went back to roasting each other or ourselves. It was great being able to joke in such a manner and not be given looks of concern.

  Right there, I forgive them. They just don't know that I only give two chances. This is their second, if they screw up, I'm leaving. They better not waste it.

This is short—just like me—I know. But it is an epilogue so there's that. Hope y'all enjoyed it. And thank you to all of you who have read, commented and Voted.