three.

I'll Prove It to You
Pairing: Mac x Reader
Warning: mentions of death, mostly fluff
Summary: You and Mac had been on millions of missions together, each time cheating death, yet this time it seems as if there is no way out. In the midst of your worries Mac reassures you that this was not the end for the either of you.
Y/F/N- Your Fake Name, Y/N- Your Name

The nerves bubbled in your stomach as you squatted down behind the large crates within the warehouse

The nerves bubbled in your stomach as you squatted down behind the large crates within the warehouse. With both hands on your gun, held up for your protection, you prayed to the Gods this was not the end. Gunfire had become to common of a noise as if it was rainfall. The chances of you getting out of your cornered predicament was slim to none and it made your stomach churn.

"What do you have left Y/F/N?" Mac whispered lightly and you slowly opened your eyes and checked your gun.

"Another round at least" you said and he nodded. You closed your eyes again and tried to pretend that you were sitting on the couch while Mac worked on his motorcycle and Bozer baked, making the house smell like heaven. Life hadn't been easy for you, living most of it in the CIA as an undercover operative and then losing your partner. Joining the Phoenix Foundation sounded scary at first but then you met these amazing people and fell in love with Mac. Your whole life had been full of lies and secrets and with them you could be completely yourself or at least try.

One downfall of being trained since 15 to keep your identity secret was not giving in to easy. You hadn't been called by your real name since the day you were recruited. Mac knew you struggled to open up about these things so you struck a deal. Anytime you faced death you would share something you didn't speak of often. All those times though the chance of surviving was much bigger. It didn't help you could hear Jack saying this was worse than Cairo over and over again in your com. Opening your eyes you looked to Mac who peered through the spaces in the crates to see who surrounded you. You loved him with every bone in your body and he had changed your life in amazing ways. None of those other secrets mattered anymore.

"Y/N" Mac turned to look at you with a confused expression. He thought for a moment you could be possibly losing your mind but you were the greatest agent he had ever met so it couldn't possibly be.

"What?" he questioned and you took a deep breath as you looked into his eyes. You always said you were gonna save this one for the best time. If you were gonna die, which it seemed likely, this was the best time.

"Y/N. That's my name" Mac's eyes widened at what you had just done. He had never cared you didn't share your birth name. He understood loosing both your parents and being taken in by the CIA hadn't been easy. It had changed your life in a crazy amount of ways and sharing your real name was visiting the life that could've been if things turned out differently. He knew that this was your way of confirming your fears to him. You didn't believe either of you would make it out of this.

"Y/F/N you don't have to-"

"I want to Mac. That's who I am and who I've always been. If either of us goes today I need you to know that" Mac gave you a closed mouth smile and scooted closer to you. Gunfire continued to rumble throughout the warehouse and you tried not to flinch each time one got to loud.

"Since when have I not been able to get us out of a pickle?" you tried to smile at Mac's optimism but it was nearly impossible.

"I love you Mac" Mac shook his head and leaned forward to press a kiss to your forehead.

"I love you too and that's why I'm promising you that we're getting out of here whether you believe it or not" raising your eyebrows at him he chuckled. He knew you were not taking him serious. He also knew there were slim chances of surviving this but it was you guys. You were not gonna end like this. No one makes a badass story like yours and dies in some stupid gunfire.

"I'll prove it to you" Mac pulled the satchell off his shoulder and began digging through it. He quickly pulled out a paperclip and slipped out his swiss army knife. It was hard to tell what his was doing from the constant ringing in your ears from gunfire and the task being a small one. He picked up a small hunk of broken glass and adjusted a few things before turning to you.

"We're gonna get out of here" he grabbed your left hand and slid the object he created onto your finger. The paperclip was bent into a ring and it held the shattered piece of glass as an actual jewel. "And when we do I'll replace that with a real rock"

Looking at your hand a light smile graced your lips at the thought. Mac hadn't really been thinking about marriage but the second you told him your name he knew that there was no one else for him. So if this was how he had to prove it to you then he would do it. Slowly you shook your head and looked up to him. "I love it the way it is"

Mac smiled at your reaction and chuckled. He would have to make adjustments to make sure it would last forever but MacGyver-ing a ring had never been a thought he had before. Now it seemed like the best idea he ever had. "Believe me now?"

"If I can get you to those supply crates over there, do you think you can MacGyver our way out of here?" you nodded to the crates that were 30 feet away which probably held anything that could easily give Mac the opportunity to create your escape. Mac gave you a quick nod and you smiled and cocked your gun.

"Watch my back" you told him before walking out from your shielded protection and shooting at each of the intruders. Mac watched you with a smile as you safely got them to the crates while taking down a few of the men. He knew then he made the right decision to make that paperclip ring.

"Y/N. That's the prettiest thing I've ever heard"