Chapter 5: Attraction

Blaise stood up from his seat, walking toward Draco.

"Clearly. I haven't seen you this... annoyed in years." He replied, sending a confused look Draco's way. The young Malfoy began pacing the length of the common room.

"Ginny we have a problem!" Hermione began, her voice sounded as though she was worried, yet, she was more confused. Ginny stood up from her bed, walking to Hermione.

"During Potions, when I smelt the Amortentia," Draco began.

"It smelt of Spearmint, the quidditch field, and rain," Hermione stated.

"It smelt of Lavender, Parchment and the Library." Draco's pace became quicker.

"And when I was with Draco in the library, he smelt of them all. Spearmint, the quidditch pitch and rain!" She said slightly louder than intended.

"And when I was with Granger in the library, next to her, she smelt of Parchment and Lavender," Draco announced, annoyed at his sudden realisation. His best friend began chuckling.

Ginny began laughing. "You're attracted to Draco Malfoy?" She laughed after each word. Hermione looked furious, causing Ginny to stop. "Sorry." She muttered.

"You're telling me, that the Draco Malfoy, head boy, is attracted to the Hermione Granger, head girl?" His words came out as if Draco were playing an imprudent joke on him.

"But the thing is!" They both said, in unison. Yet, they were in separate common rooms.

"He is atrocious."

"Annoying."

"Nonetheless, foul."

"Infuriating."

"I am not attracted to-to HIM!"

" I am not attracted to her!"

--

Hermione groaned at the thought, it was a simple mistake. She must have it confused. Hermione Granger, is somewhat attracted to Draco Malfoy? It was simply barbaric.

She had left the Gryffindor common room after the long conversation with Ginny, both debating whether or not the potion made a mistake. 

Hermione was far too intelligent to think that. She knew that potions certainly don't make mistakes unless the person creating it was somehow distracted and ruined the potion.

She was walking through the halls, dressed in her Gryffindor cloak, her eyes were staring hard at the black concrete that had been placed anew after the battle.

Opening the door to the head's common room, Hermione's eyes widened at the sight.

"Draco!" She yelled. Her eyes flashed with annoyance as she saw the Slytherin boy with another girl, snogging, in their common room. It was revolting, really.

Draco smirked up at Hermione, the unknown Slytherin-girl still sitting on his lap. He looked back at the blonde-haired female and pecked her lips once more.

"It was a pleasure, Rose. I will most certainly see you again." He smirked at the girl. Rose's cheeks reddened, she shifted off Draco and out the door, passing Hermione, who stood still and observed the atmosphere of what had happened.

Balls of anger rushed throughout her body, her cheeks reddened with anger. 

How dare he

Draco stood from the couch, still smirking at the annoyed Hermione.

Quite frankly, he had no interest in the Slytherin girl or seeing her ever again, but he had to do so to prove to Zabini, Granger and mostly himself, that he was not attracted to Hermione under any circumstances. His face glistened at the sight of the raging Hermione. He knew that she was furious. The look on her face was too hysterical to not laugh.