Chapter 14: Confessions and Returns

Hermione's POV

"You what?!" I shouted at the Ginger, who had given me some unexpected news.

"It sort of happened, 'Mione. There was no stopping it." I began thinking of all the reasons why Ginny and Blaise being together was completely and utterly wrong, but then I began to think that those exact same reasons apply to Draco and I. I shook my head and placed a heartfelt smile on my face.

"I support you fully, Ginny. But, you must tell Harry – for all he knows, you still despise any Slytherin that breathes." I said, looking down at my fidgeting fingers. "And- and I must tell Ron that I am no longer in love with him, rather, I love him as a brother." I looked up at Ginny, who was obviously worried. She looked at me with teary eyes.

"How on Merlin did this happen?" She laughed through the tears. "It felt like yesterday that I was immensely in love with the-boy-who-lived. Now, I can't see him as more than a friend... 'Mione, how did this happen?" She said, sobbing into her hands. I moved closer to my best friend.

"That's the thing about love, Gin." I began, "You can't pick who you fall in love with, or when you do. No matter how long we've been witches – I believe that love is the most powerful magic of all... You can't control it... It doesn't pick blood-purity, it doesn't pick which house they're in. It just... happens." Ginny's soft sobs came to an end, she smiled up at me.

"You're right, 'Mione. But, I feel terrible that Harry doesn't know." She said with a small crack in her voice.

"We have three weeks to figure this out, Gin. No need to stress about it all now." I let go of my best friend and smiled. She wiped away the tears that stained her cheeks and smiled.

"That was a brilliant speech, I must add." She said with a nudge. I blushed slightly at the compliment. "Although, I believe it wasn't just for me to hear... You were saying it for yourself, also – reassuring yourself that you shouldn't feel ashamed of your feelings for Mal-Draco." I looked at her and attempted to hide my smile. "What's going on between you two, anyway? And – do not say it's nothing. I walked in on you two eating each other's faces off – and – ohh, don't get me started on that 'girlfriend' slip." She said with a large smirk. I scoffed jokingly and nudged her.

"Honestly, Ginny. Even when I was with Ron, I had never truly felt the way I do with Draco. I know it's bad to say, but it's the truth. Draco is truly amazing, although he can be an incompetent, annoying little child at times – I must say he is a true gentleman." I began, looking out the window – seeing the snow falling gently. "He truly makes me feel like there are nobody else in the world, that he and I are all that matters. Every time I'm with him, I get jitters in my belly – butterflies loom to escape. And when he embraces me, it's as if I get lost in his eyes." I looked toward the Red-haired, gazing at me dreamily, signalling me to go on. "Ginny... I think I'm in love with him." Her hands rushed to my embrace, hugging me ever so tightly. I laughed. She pulled away and smiled.

"It's pretty obvious, if I say so myself. You've been in love with him ever since you saw him and Pansy snogging in your common room." She said, with a sparkle in her eyes. I rolled mine and scoffed.

"Now you're fibbing." I stood up from the couch and began straightening my clothes. She mimicked me and laughed. "We better head off to dinner, I believe the hungry tummy is getting to your head." I laughed, linking arms with my best friend.

"Or, you're just eager to see your Mr Lover-Boy." Ginny replied with a large smirk. I rolled my eyes, walking out of the common room with Ginny.

--

Draco's POV

Sitting in the empty Slytherin common room with Blaise, staring at the burning fire in front of us.

"I still can't believe it, mate. A Zabini, snogging a Weasley! What I sight." I teased, mocking my friend. Although, I meant no harm. He laughed at the joke and looked my way.

"She's something, Malfoy. It's as if she's got me under the influence of a lover potion." He said, grasping his head. We both chuckled at the comment.

"You smelt her in potions, didn't you?" I asked, staring at the dark Italian by myside. He sent me a confused look.

"I do not know what you do to Granger, whether you smell her or not – but, I, my friend, am not a creep. I don't go smelling women." He said with a laugh. I rolled my eyes and chuckled.

"Not what I meant, smart ass. The Amormentia. You smelt her, didn't you?" I asked him. He was now staring back at the burning fire.

"Yeah, yeah I did." He replied, he looked at the ground –then up at me once more. "What's going on with you and Granger. You two seem to be getting all cosy." Blaise said. I laughed and readjusted my position – staring at the ground with a smile.

"In all honesty, Blaise. I believe she's gotten me under a love potion, also." I laughed, staring at the ground – thinking about her brown orbs, her smile, the way she laughs. The way I feel when she glances at me and turns a bright shade of red when I see her doing so. "I've never felt this way before. She's got me thinking about how cruel I was to everyone. How I could be a better person, if I choose to change. The way I smile endlessly when I see her. And the way my stomach feels all jitty when I hear her voice." I turn to look at the Dark Italian in front of me. "I love her." The words came out as sincere as possible. His eyes widened at the sudden confession.

"We must continue this conversation after Dinner. All this confession is making me feel hungry." Blaise began. We both stood and chuckled, walking out of the common room.

--

"They're all out at Hogsmeade. Completely forgot it was Hogsmeade weekend!" Ginny began, sitting across from her brunette best friend, in the empty Great hall – containing four Gryffindors – including themselves – three Ravenclaws, eight Hufflepuffs and three Slytherins.

"Five now, the ultimate duo walked in." Hermione teased, staring at the confused Slytherins. Ginny stood up, signalling them to sit with them. Draco immediately sat next to Hermione, Blaise to Ginny.

"Where has everyone gone?" Draco asked, resting his folded arms on the Gryffindor table.

"Hogsmeade weekend. We must've forgotten." Hermione said, staring at the blond boy who sat beside her. He sent her a smirk, placing a hand on hers - that was positioned on the table.

Blaise and Ginny smiled at the sight.

"Although there are only a few people left, they're all staring as if we have killed someone." Ginny joked, looking around at all the students who were staring at the odd sight of the two rival houses sitting, civilised with one another.

Blaise was stuffing his face with food – confessions must really make him hungry.

Draco looked back at the Gryffindor princess who was sitting beside him. Her eyes locked with his, his eyes stirred from her lips and her eyes. She knew what he was about to do – yet, she didn't stop him. They both leaned in, their lips caressing each other with such awe and passion. Hermione felt sparks fly through her, so did Draco. She pulled back at the loud noise coming from Great Hall's entry.

"Blimey, Harry Potter is back!" The boy yelled. Ginny turned a bright shade of pink. Hermione looked from Draco to Ginny to Blaise.

"If Harry's back, so is Ron." Hermione gasped. The four turned to the entry of the Great Hall. The pair stood there with smiles, their face turning pale once they had laid eyes on their girlfriends sitting with their enemy.

"Pansy was right." Was all Ron managed to say, before walking out of the Great Hall. Harry's eyes lingered a little. He walked off in frustration.

--

Hey guys! OMG, they're back. I'm feeling kind of romantic-y today (if that's even a word) so, I may be posting again! Leave a comment and a vote. Tell me what you think!

Love, Mya xo