VII.

DANCING WITH DRAGONS | VII.
"I WANT YOU GONE"
(' TRAITORS ')

Alysanne threw the letter before Ser Barristan, surprising the old man

Alysanne threw the letter before Ser Barristan, surprising the old man. He glanced up at her and sat straight in his seat as he met Alysanne's angered gaze.

"Explain," was all Alysanne said.

Barristan grabbed the letter and let his eyes scan over it. When he had finished reading he looked up at the Stark girl, "Where did you get this?"

"Doesn't matter," Alysanne told him, "Why is he being pardoned?"

Barristan eyes Alysanne and realizes that she's not leaving until she gets an answer.

"He was sending information to King Robert about Daenerys," Barristan explained.

"So what? When Robert died he began sending letters to Joffrey? Is he still spying on her?" Alysanne asked angrily. She was ready to end Jorah's life if she had to.

"He stopped, long before we got here," Barristan told her, but it didn't lessen Alysanne's anger, only increased it.

"All this time, Jorah prided himself for being at Daenerys's side the longest, being her most trusted advisor, yet he has been the one betraying her."

"Alysanne, he has to be the one to tell her," Barristan had to be sure that the girl wouldn't march up to Daenerys and tell her what Jorah had done.

"He better tell her soon then," were Alysanne's parting words.

Alysanne allowed her feet to carry her, unsurprised when she found Jorah speaking with Daenerys, Missandei, and Grey Worm in the throne room.

Daenerys's face seemed to light up as she saw the Stark girl, but Alysanne did not share the same light. She instead made a beeline to Jorah, grabbing him by the shoulder and so that he was facing her. Jorah looked down at her surprised, but his face quickly changed as Alysanne's fist made contact.

"I should kill you," Alysanne muttered angrily, "I should let Rhaenys tear you apart limb for limb."

"Alysanne!" Daenerys said, "What is wrong with you?"

A bitter smile graced Alysanne's face as she turned to face Daenerys.

"What's wrong with me?" she let out a chuckle, pointing to Jorah, "He's what's wrong with me."

"Alysanne," Jorah warns, knowing that Alysanne holds his fate in her nimble fingers. She glares at him, stepping backwards.

Daenerys steps forward, standing at Alysanne's side, "Ser Jorah?"

"If we could-"

"No," Daenerys says, "What have you done?"

Jorah's mouth opens and falls closed. He finds himself unable to speak, unable to tell Daenerys the truth.