XX.

DANCING WITH DRAGONS | XX.
"I DON'T WISH TO HARM YOU"
( 'PRINCESS ALYSANNE STARK' )

"I DON'T WISH TO HARM YOU"( 'PRINCESS ALYSANNE STARK' )

Alysanne left. She didn't say goodbye to Missandei or Grey Worm, knowing it would hurt too much. After her conversation with Daenerys, Alysanne went to her chambers and prepared for the journey north. She thought about sailing, but she didn't know the situation in the North, so Daenerys made sure a horse was waiting for her when she left. Rhaenys trotted happily at her side, as though she knew that they were going home.

The south was no place for a Stark, but her parents had also warned her against Targaryens and she knew how that turned out. Alysanne knew the journey would take her at the very least two weeks, which is why she planned on making the journey in less time.

She rode day and night, getting very little sleep, but covering much distance. By the first week in her journey, she had made it to the Riverlands, which as Tyrion said, had been under Lannister control. She had seen the red armor far too many times to think that the troops belonged to anyone else.

Lucky for her, she had been the forgettable child of Ned and Catelyn Stark. She didn't have the auburn hair that her siblings did. She and Arya used to laugh at that fact because they had an easier time hiding when they were playing. Unlucky for her was the giant direwolf travelling at her side.

Alysanne had forgotten what Rhaenys symbolized in Westeros. In Slaver's Bay she had been considered normal while dragons flew around overhead, but Drogon, Viserion, and Rhaegal weren't there. It was only her and Rhaenys.

Which meant that they drew attention.

She was surprised that the attack came after the first week of the trip, but then again, she was in enemy territory. She had set up camp in the woods and was getting water when a knife was thrown at her head, cutting her ear.

Alysanne's eyes grew wide as she reached for her sword, but another knife flew toward her, deterring her from grabbing it.

"Slow on the draw," she heard a feminine voice say, "I thought you'd put up a fight."

Out of the shadows came a girl much shorter than Alysanne. She glanced down at her, eyebrows raised, "Who are you?"

"Unimportant," the girl said, "But I know who you are, Princess Alysanne Stark."

Alysanne couldn't help the laugh that escaped her, "Princess?"

"I forget," the girl said, playing with the tip of her dagger, "You've been missing for several years."

Alysanne was confused, was she being robbed? If she was, the girl was doing a terrible job because her stuff was on the other side of the camp where the girl was standing. It would make sense if she wanted to kidnap her, but she was talking far too much.

"Are you from the North?" Alysanne asked, it would explain why she knew about her.

"Close enough," the girl said, "I was born and raised in the Eyrie. My father a high lord, my mother a kitchen maid."