XL.

DANCING WITH DRAGONS | XL.
"THEN I WILL KILL JON"
( 'THE FUTURE' )

"THEN I WILL KILL JON" ( 'THE FUTURE' )

"We have to return to Winterfell."

All eyes in the council room shift to Alysanne. There's an uncomfortable silence that follows as everyone stares at her. It's Tyrion who stands from his seat and approaches her.

"I understand that you want to figure out how to help Jon, but-"

"But nothing," Alysanne tells him, "The Seven Kingdoms are fine. Everyone presides over their own domain, simple enough."

"Actually, it's not that simple. No one resides over Storm's End, the Westerlands, or Dorne," Tyrion says, "Until we figure all of that out, you cannot just return home."

Alysanne glances around until her eyes land on Gendry and Lyarra, "Lyarra. Gendry. Come forward."

The two of them share a glance before making their way to stand in front of Alysanne. She smiles at both of them, wanting them to relax, "As Robert Baratheon's last living heirs, I am bestowing Storm's End and the Stormlands to the both of you. As well as legitimization."

Gendry blinks a few times in disbelief, but Lyarra has an opposite reaction, "I do not want Storm's End, nor do I want to be legitimized."

"No?" Alysanne questions, "And why not?"

"Because Robert wasn't my father. I never met the man. I don't want something that I didn't earn," she looks over at Gendry, "The Stormlands are yours, brother."

"Lyarra, are you sure this is what you want?" Daenerys questions, "You are of noble birth and you have earned the respect of the people. You helped end the war. Both of you did. Don't let your pride affect your future."

"Meaning?" Lyarra questions, "Because I don't have a famous last name that suddenly my future is darker than yours?"

"It's about symbolism," Tyrion says standing from his seat, "Your last name may not affect your future, but it can help keep the peace. If a Baratheon is seen at the side of a Stark and a Targaryen, then it shows that former feuding houses have forged an unlikely alliance."

"I won't force you to preside over the Stormlands, but Tyrion has a point. Our fathers were close allies, and I consider you to be the closest of my allies. Let us show the strength of a Baratheon and Stark alliance once more?" Alysanne pleads. She realizes the gravity of the situation. That they are on the brink of having post-war rebellions and that something as simple as legitimizing Lyarra could make the difference.

Lyarra glances around the room and sighs, "Fine. But I refuse to step foot in the Stormlands until the Night King issue is solved."

"Very well," Alysanne answers, "Lord Tyrion, tell me who has presided over the Westerlands in your Uncle's absence?"