XXIV.

DANCING WITH DRAGONS | XXIV.
"I DON'T WANT TO DIE"
( 'LYANNA STARK'S GHOST' )

"Lady Alysanne," she turns to see Littlefinger heading toward her, "I've been meaning to speak with you

"Lady Alysanne," she turns to see Littlefinger heading toward her, "I've been meaning to speak with you."

Alysanne glances down the empty corridor, wishing that Arya or Sansa would walk by. She wanted to escape this conversation, but it seemed that she had avoided Littlefinger long enough. Now was the time to show him that she wasn't afraid.

"Lord Baelish," Alysanne said forcing a smile, "What did you wish to speak about?"

"You are very fond of your family, yes?" Littlefinger asked.

"Yes," Alysanne answered without hesitation, "I love my little siblings and would do anything for them."

"That is clear," Littlefinger said with a smile, "You left your lover for your family."

He knew about her relationship with Daenerys Targaryen.

Alysanne didn't display her discomfort that he knew such information. Only Bran and Lyarra knew about her closeness with Daenerys, and they only knew because they could see things. She had yet to tell Sansa and Arya, and that was due to the fact that she wasn't sure how they'd react. Arya wouldn't care, but Sansa had always been more traditional.

"I did," Alysanne said, "I don't see why that matters."

"It's just interesting," Littlefinger says, "You were to wed Prince Joffrey, the son of Rhaegar Targaryen, and now you're in love with Daenerys Targaryen. One might say you're a social climber, Lady Alysanne."

"Let's not play games Lord Baelish. You seem to know a lot about me. What are you going to do with this information?" Alysanne asks, her gaze hardening as she looks at him.

"Nothing," Littlefinger says. He reaches into his piles of paper and pulls out a single piece of parchment. He hands it to Alysanne, "I'm just trying to show you good faith."

She takes the parchment and skims over it. Her eyes go straight to the signatures at the bottom. There in bold cursive print was her father's signature and above it was Rhaegar Targaryen's. She looks at Littlefinger who smiles.

"Your Targaryen prince may not be as dead as you thought," Littlefinger says with a grin, "Maybe there's still a chance for you to be queen. Then again, maybe not."

Littlefinger disappears down the corridor and Alysanne can do nothing but watch. She glances at the parchment in her hand and settles on the decision to share the parchment and information with Sansa.

She finds her sisters on the battlements, both of them glance at Alysanne, frowns on their lips. This immediately alarms her.

"What is it?" Alysanne asks.

"Daenerys Targaryen," Arya says, "Tell us about her."

Alysanne looks between her two sisters, "She's kind. Just. She really cares about the people," her voice trails off, not really sure what to say.