XVIII.

DANCING WITH DRAGONS | XVIII.
"I HAVE TO GO HOME."
( 'AN OLD FRIEND' )

As they neared Meereen Alysanne could see smoke in the distance

As they neared Meereen Alysanne could see smoke in the distance. She came to a halt, as did Daario and the many Dothraki following them. Alysanne turned to Rhaenys and nodded toward the smoking city.

"An attack?" Daario asked.

"Seems like it," Alysanne responded. She turned to the sellsword, "Do you happen to speak Dothraki?"

"No, I wasn't much of a scholar," Daario replied.

"Okay then I guess we have to go with the next best thing," Alysanne said, "Raise your weapon and start screaming."

Daario stared at her, "What?"

"It's what Dothraki do when they ride into battle," Alysanne said.

"I'm aware of that," Daario told her, "Why must it be me?"

Alysanne grins, "Because you said you should have been born a Dothraki. Here's your chance."

Daario seems to consider it for a moment before nodding his head, "You're right. This may be my only moment."

Daario raises his weapon and lets out the strangest scream that Alysanne had ever heard. She glances behind them to see that they are staring at Daario confused. One of them speaks to her in the common tongue.

"He stupid?"

"Yes," Alysanne answers, "You speak the common tongue?"

"Very little," he replies.

"The city seems to be under siege," Alysanne tells them, "Can you inform the rest of the men that we are about to enter battle?"

He gives her a nod before turning to the rest of the men and shouting in Dothraki. There are roars of excitement as the men grow excited to see their first taste of combat since joining Daenerys.

"Ready to ride," he tells Alysanne.

"Good," Alysanne says, she looks to Daario, "Want to try that scream again?"

"No thank you," Daario replies.

"Then let's go," Alysanne draws her sword from her waist and begins to ride full speed towards the gates of the city. As she drew closer, she saw Sons of the Harpy slaughtering men and women alike. Rhaenys was already there, attacking as many as she could. Alysanne saw a man about to lunge for her direwolf and commanded her horse to go faster. As she rode by, she cleanly cut the man's head off.

Behind her, she could hear the Dothraki's screams as they mimicked her actions on a larger scale. Daario rode with them, blending in as he screamed along with them. A smile came on Alysanne's face as she continued to ride forward.

She heard the cry of Drogon as he circled the city. He was joined by Rhaegal and Viserion, which had been let out of the Pyramid's catacombs.

The city was taken back with ease. Alysanne and Daario rode for the castle where Grey Worm, Missandei, Tyrion, and Daenerys. Upon seeing them, a smile came over Missandei's face. Alysanne returned the gesture.