XXVIII.

DANCING WITH DRAGONS | XXVIII.
"YOU WERE ALWAYS A LITTLE OBLIVIOUS"
( 'INDEPENDENCE' )

 "YOU WERE ALWAYS A LITTLE OBLIVIOUS"( 'INDEPENDENCE' )

It was a strange sight for Alysanne. She never thought she'd see the day that Sansa would hold a sword, and she definitely didn't think she'd ever see Daenerys hold a sword. Both women were so graceful in everyday life, but when it came to wielding a weapon, they were very clumsy.

"This is hilarious," Arya said from beside her, "Sansa swings far too wildly."

"Her stance is terrible as well," Alysanne says with a small grin. Sansa's height had never hindered her, but it did when she was fighting, or attempting it. Her sister was long and lanky, and it made her actions awkward.

Daenerys was in no way graceful either, but she didn't look as bad as Sansa. Daenerys was in no way skilled with a sword, but she was trying and Alysanne admired her for it.

"Her Grace isn't terrible," Arya notes, looking up at her big sister, "Did you teach her how to fight?"

"No," Alysanne answers, "She's just a quick learner."

Daenerys glances over at her and there's a small smile on her lips. Alysanne can't help but smile back. While Daenerys was looking at her, Sansa, who she was sparring with, took the opportunity to hit Daenerys in the shoulder with the wooden sword, causing her to wince.

Daenerys looks at her, but Sansa doesn't apologize, her pride getting the best of her, "You should pay attention."

Alysanne expects Daenerys to lash out, but she doesn't. Instead, she replies levelheaded and calmly, "You're right. Shall we go again?"

"I think that's enough," Brienne instructs, "There is a little chance either of you will see real combat, but if you do, you at least know how to defend yourself."

"Let's hope Sansa stays out of it," Arya says as she takes the wooden sword from Sansa, "Just make sure you stick them with the pointy end."

"I'll remember," Sansa tells her, playfully glaring at Arya.

Daenerys walks over and hands Alysanne the wooden sword, "Here you go."

"Thank you," Alysanne says, "Do you think you'll be able to defend yourself. Just in case?"

Daenerys nods with a tiny smile, "I'm sure I'll be fine, but it's nice. That you care."

"Of course I care," Alysanne tells her.

"Alysanne! Let's spar," Arya tells her with a wide grin, "I promise I won't hurt you."

"Go," Daenerys tells her softly, "We should talk later."

Alysanne looks at her but nods as she joins Arya. Her sister casually flips the wooden sword and Alysanne watches her and but doesn't feel intimidated.