X.

DANCING WITH DRAGONS | X.
"I'M DONE WAITING"
(' YOU'RE IN LOVE ')

"So you found him?" Alysanne questions Daario

"So you found him?" Alysanne questions Daario. The sell sword takes a sip of his drink and nods. "And then Mossandor killed him?"

"Right again," Daario answers.

"So now Daenerys is deciding what to do?" Alysanne asks, earning another nod from Daario.

"Well that's a mess," Alysanne says taking a sip of her own drink.

Daario sighs, placing his cup on the table before them. Alysanne does the same, watching her friend carefully, "I hate politics."

"You and me both," Alysanne says, "I just want to sleep. I haven't slept in so long."

Daario chuckles, "Is the Queen keeping you up at night?"

She glares at Daario, "She is, but not in the way you think."

Daario's smile fades and he shifts in his seat, giving Alysanne his devoted attention, "In what way then?"

"I worry about her. I know we'll never let anything happen to her, but she's being faced with a lot of difficult decisions. People are bound to be unhappy," Alysanne says.

"She'll be fine," Daario reassures, "And look on the bright side, we get to kill people."

Alysanne can't help but to laugh, "There's nothing like murder to put a smile on someone's face."

"I'll drink to that," Daario says, holding up his cup. Alysanne holds hers up as well before downing the rest of it.

Sighing she stands up, "I better get back before Daenerys unleashes the dragon on me."

Daario laughs but then his face grows serious, "You know she's in love with you."

The words that leave Daario's mouth seem to stop Alysanne's heart. She couldn't believe it. Daenerys Targaryen being in love with her. She of course knew how much Daenerys cared for her, but love felt like such a reach.

"Daenerys is not in love with me," Alysanne says after a moment.

"Who are you trying to convince?" Daario asks, finishing off the rest of his drink, "You two are the worst kept secret in all of Meereen. You need to be careful because anyone with eyes could see that Daenerys values you above all."

Alysanne doesn't know what to say.

Daario laughs patting Alysanne on the shoulder, "Just something to think about."

The sell sword offers her a smile before heading out the tavern.

It takes Alysanne a moment to come back to her senses. Daario's words still dancing around in her head. Could Daenerys be in love with her? And if she was, what did it mean? They couldn't be together, so why would they torture themselves.