s e v e n

Dark eyes, lips always formed into a smirk, and his signature tousled brown hair, Elliot Chastain was a familiar and comforting sight to Paisley.

  "Thought you might need someone." He smiles as he pockets his hands in his front jean-pockets and walks beside her.

  Not much really knew Paisley; only Elliot and a few of her old friends did.

  "Since when did I need someone?" She bitterly laughs.

  "We all need someone." He shrugs walking faster towards the swing set in sight and leaving Paisley a few steps behind.

  Elliot Chastain was as troubled as Paisley Roux. They were alike in so many ways, yet still so different.

  His mom had left him at an early age, and Paisley had once asked if he'd ever hated his mom for it.

  He did, and he forgave her after.

  Elliot never held grudges, not because he didn't want to, but because he couldn't.

  "Am I a bad person?" Paisley suddenly asks him, her grip on the metal chains tightens and eyes glued to the ground.

    She suddenly remembers Bryan. She missed the times when he would read and help her with her procrastinated essay in the morning when he'd always give her chocolates when she was feeling down because he knew it made Paisley's eyes light up, and when he just felt like home to her-she missed him.

  She knew that when Bryan would need her she'd be there in a flash, but when it was the other way around he wouldn't even care.

  Paisley fell for him, but he didn't.

  When Elliot didn't answer, Paisley looked up to see him looking at her.

  His dark brown eyes looked into her hazel ones.

  "You're not." He finally replied.

  Elliot never judged people; he believed that everyone had their own reasons.

  Paisley didn't feel like a monster when she was with him, she felt like she was allowed to make mistakes, to be herself around him.

  He was right, maybe Paisley didn't need to bottle all her emotions up to herself, maybe she did need someone to share these with.

  "You just like the wrong person," He shrugged, swinging. "That's all."

    When Paisley didn't reply, he continued.

  "And you can't really blame people who just care."