s i x t e e n

Beep.

Beep.

Beep

Paisley's eyes slowly, flutter open. The bright low lights blinding her in the all white room she was in. She sees an electronic machine sitting on a cart as she slightly turns her head to her left with odd wires coming from it.

Why was she here? She was supposed to be dead, wasn't she?

Then suddenly the door opens revealing her father with sunken eyes as it turns into a half-moon shape.

"What am I doing here?"

"You tried to," he cautiously answers as if Paisley would do it again once she recalls yesterdays events. "To kill yourself."

"Did you bring me here?"

"It was actually a young man named Aiden who brought you here," her father replied. "He kept ringing our doorbell, and dashed right to your bedroom once I told him where it was."

"We found you lying, lifeless," his voice breaks. "On your bathroom floor."

Silence.

"Your mom came by a while ago," her father starts. "She wants you to come live with her in London."

Paisley looks at her father with the knowledge of where her mother was residing after all this time.

"Maybe it's best for you to go live there," he continues. "It's not as if I can protect you here."

"I'm stuck here."

"No, you're not," Paisley suddenly bursts out with tears welling up her eyes. "You can change, please change."

"Don't you care about me?"

"I do," his father answers as he looks down. "It's just that I really can't do anything more for you."

"I'm sorry."

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, no, Paisley didn't need anymore of people's apologies, her life was full of apologies from people she loved.