t e n

'God, let that just be a cat or some wild animal, I don't care,' she prayed. 'Let it not be someone from school.'

  Paisley couldn't bear the thought of someone seeing her this weak and fragile. She wasn't about to disappoint them too.

  She learned to embrace her label  because it was better than people seeing you vulnerable. It made them want to hurt you more, fully knowing that they could control you.

  As the shadow steps into the light, it was a just a boy.

A dark-haired boy with dull green eyes.

"Uh," he stammers not sure what to say not having thoroughly thought out what he would do after deciding to approach the broken girl. " I was taking out the trash and I saw you here crying alone and yeah..."

  He looks down to the ground not sure of what to say anymore as he scratches the back of his head.

  His hoodie had a Prescott high logo stitched on it. He was probably a year or two older than her.

  The cold wind blew resulting in her cheeks and nose turning redder than it already is.

  The girl, who people deemed, was too emotionless and careless of the world around her was full of emotions right now to even say a word.

  She pulled her knees up to her chest, hugging it, and then burying her head in between; not wanting the person to see her in her current state.

  Then she felt the boy sit beside her.

  And she cried, her head still buried between her knees, as the boy patted her back.

  Maybe she wanted at least one person to see her cry, to know that she's not okay, and to tell her that she'll be fine soon.

  "It's okay to not be okay, you just have to stay strong until you're okay again."