e l e v e n

Hair up in a tight ponytail, lips in their signature red, nose held up high.

If Paisley had cried the night before; you wouldn't notice, not that anyone cared.

Dakota had a party committee to attend to that lunch time, so she sat alone that day with an unbitten apple in hand as she stared into the nothingness.

When suddenly a familiar face from last night emerges out from the canteen's white double doors.

Paisley recognized him, and she had no plans to be associated with him whatsoever.

"Hey," the boy with gorgeous green eyes last night takes a seat in front of her and gently putting his lunch tray on the table before flashing a kind smile at Paisley. "Mind if I sit here?"

"I do mind," she snaps finally looking at the boy. "Get out."

"There are no vacant seats." He casually states before taking a spoonful of whatever the cafeteria's soup of the day was.

"I'm Aiden, by the way."

"You're a senior," she scoffs. "Don't you have a group to be with or something?"

"Apparently," Aiden begins. "I have too many groups."

"Cocky, aren't we?"

"I'm serious," he chuckles. "I don't even know where I belong."

"All my friends are in different kinds of groups, and I'm kinda just here and there."

Paisley looks at him in the eyes, and for a second, just for a second, she saw a lonely boy surrounded with people.

High schools in movies are funny. No one's actually going to pressure you into doing drugs or drinking, but they will pressure you to be something you're not; they will stereotype you and you'll believe them too.

Society fails to see the true flaws; society itself is the flaw.