t w e n t y

ProjectYouFirst

  Words hurt; their quick judgements hurt, and did it have to take almost taking one girl's life for people to realize this?

Things weren't the same then, but there are changes that were sometimes good.

People were more careful of the words they spat out and the actions they did.

Nicci and Dakota walked alongside Paisley as she strutted the familiar halls of Prescott high, but with a different take.

Paisley felt much better with herself. She was on her way to becoming someone she could love; someone other people can love without getting hurt.

Both Aiden and Elliot were miles away from her, but that was okay. Paisley realized that, it was not only Aiden and Elliot, but she had people who still cared about her.

Paisley didn't believe in meeting people at the wrong timing.

Wrong timings didn't exist.

They didn't exist, because God knows when you're ready or not.

Maybe in the future, when Paisley grows to be her own person; someone who won't rely on someone just to make her feel complete, then she'll meet someone who complements her individuality.

But Paisley was thankful, even for a brief moment, to have met them.

She may meet them again, while busily running her errands one day, or she may not, but it's still okay.

For now, she was learning to love herself first, because when you loved yourself first you knew your worth.

You stand up in your own two feet, and you are filled with love.

There were many things Paisley wasn't, she knew it, and she was improving herself.

Self love isn't selfish, in fact, it's the opposite. It's caring enough for both yourself and the others around you by being a better you.

She wasn't broken and useless anymore; she was growing and healing.