Destroyer of the Universe

The first rays of the morning sun were just about to reach the sky, as Loki took his place in the front line of his army. He placed his golden horned helmet on his head while watching the enemy lines marching closer and closer. His mind still hasn't settled since the happenings of the ball back in Asgard, but now he needed to concentrate. He knew he must face the consequences of his actions sooner or later, but not now.

At the moment the most important thing was to finally set you free. After all that happened, you may not forgive him, but he still owed you that. You were the one who tried to help him accept himself, and you convinced him that he's not a monster. Now he needed to do the same for you. For the one he still loved. A sweet yet painful mix of memories came up to his mind. Jotunheim was the place, where everything started. Your first kiss, you became a couple here, and the accident on the lake. It was strange that this was about to be the place where in a sense, things end too. His eyes were scanning the crowd for you, but there was no sign of any fire or you yet.

With a sigh he turned back to the army behind his back, waiting for his command. Many people were standing there in shining, golden armour, with fear and worry in their eyes. They held onto their spears, swords, axes or bows like it could fill their shaking soul with some courage. Loki felt the same. He was not ready for this. None of them was. This shouldn't be happening in the first place. Suddenly, he felt a big hand on his shoulder. Thor appeared by his side, with Mjollnir in his hand.

"Brother, you should say a few words to them. This is your army after all. They need you to fire up their spirit." The blonde god gave Loki a warm smile. The God of Thunder was always excited before the fight, he never said no to some smashing and crashing with his hammer. The God of Mischief was the exact opposite. He always prefered the power of words to pure strength and weapons.

"I don't think I can do this. I'm not a leader. I was the second, the bad in my whole life, how could I now stand in front of all these people and ask them to follow me? To trust me?" Loki didn't want to say it out loud, but somehow it burst to the surface and slipped out of his mouth. His silver-tongue seemed to fail him this time.

Years ago he sought power to prove himself, but that was the past. Since he had you in his life, he no longer felt like he has to prove anything. He felt loved and accepted for the first time in his life. But now, after what he's done he was insecure again. He betrayed the person he cared the most about. How could he be trusted again?

"We trust you, Brother. This is your land, your plan, and most importantly we are going into war to get back your woman. Look at all our friends and all these people. We are ready to do the right thing, to save our homes and to follow your lead."

As the raven-haired prince carried his gaze upon the crowd waiting for his orders, he realised Thor was right. These people came willingly to fight and die for the Nine Realms, and the Avengers were ready to stand by his side, and do everything they could for (y/n). Last year they became close to his heart thanks to you, even if he would never say it out loud. They became his friends, almost like a family. He owed these people to stand straight and to cheer them up one last time before they face death together. Loki looked the blonde god beside him in the eye and nodded. He took a few steps ahead, and faced his army:

"Asgardians, Vanirs and Jotuns! The fate of the Nine Realms and all forms of life in it is in your hands today! This alien form marches against us with the kin of Surtur, but do not fear them! This is not the end of time, not Ragnarok yet! Not, if we stand our ground and fight them back! Some of us will fall, but this is a good day to die, Valhalla awaits us! Endless mead and feast are waiting for the fallen, and children will listen to your ballads at night! Today we march into glory and write history! Are you with me?"