The Aftermath

"Hey, look! She's moving!"

"Do you think she's still dangerous? I can hit her one more time if needed."

"Shh, you wake her, you idiot!"

Familiar voices surrounded you, as you regained your consciousness. Your head was pounding, and you felt like a bulldozer had run over you. In your stomach, you felt nausea that strong, you were afraid you'd throw up at the smallest move. As you carefully opened your eyes, at first your vision was blurry, but as your pupils slowly accommodated to the strong light and your focus came back, you saw a bunch of figures staring down at you.

Seconds later you realised that they were Tony, Bruce, Steve and Nat. You wanted to rub your eyes in disbelief but you couldn't. You tried to move, to sit up, but you were tied up against the bed. Your mind started into a violent race. Why were you tied up? Was this a trick? Were you still kept in prison, and was it another illusion? Your friends may have sensed your immediate panic because Bruce turned to you with an apologetic smile while releasing you:

"Hey, I'm sorry we tied you up. I know it was a bad idea, but we couldn't be sure if you're still dangerous or not. How are you feeling?" his voice was so calming, nothing like in your nightmares and hallucinations. It was different. It was real, though you couldn't believe it at the moment.

"I've been through worse, but ugh... I feel like I'm about to throw up." You closed your eyes again, to stop the room spinning with you.

"No way! Not on my carpet!" Tony yelled immediately. A small, weak smile formed involuntarily on your lips because his reaction was too real. You really were at home, among your friends and it was unbelievable. In the end, you've lost all hope on returning to Earth and the tower. It all seemed so far and away.

"So... you'll probably have a hard time for a few days until all the drugs and chemicals wear off of your body. I think you will recover fast, but I suggest you rest for the following week." Bruce continued talking about your state, but you didn't really care, it was nothing compared to the things back in your cell. Suddenly one certain thought struck in your mind as you looked around the room. Someone was missing.

"Where is he?!" you sat up on the bed with a hasty move. Everyone took a step back, giving you worried looks. Like they were afraid of you would attack them at any moment. You noticed the tension in the air and the uncertainty on their faces. It was a painful bullet in the heart. They brought you home, took care of your injuries, yet still, they couldn't trust you. How could they after all that happened?

"Oh, I see... You're afraid of me... Look, I'm so sorry for everything I did. I tried to hurt, and even kill you. And I totally understand if you don't trust me anymore, but I need to see him. I don't care if you tie me up, or point guns at me, but please tell me where is he!" you gave them a begging look, but your friends avoided eye contact. You saw guilt and sorrow on their faces like they were hiding something from you.

You had a bad feeling telling you that something happened to Loki. Otherwise, he would be with the others, watching over you. The thought of him being hurt or injured filled your heart with despair. You only hoped it wasn't serious, and most importantly, it wasn't you. You desperately tried to gather your memories from the battle, but your mind was too foggy, and you couldn't put the pieces together.

"Please... Tell me, it wasn't me. Or at least that he's okay," you looked at them while tears filled your eyes. The sorrow on their faces and the silence were killing you and were too much to handle. After a few seconds Bruce finally lifted his gaze from his feet and looked you in the eye:

"So, you don't remember anything," he let out a big, painful sigh. "You cut into his side and he lost lots of blood. He's resting in his room, I think Thor's watching over him. You can see him if you want to."