19: Kind Donation

I land on burning asphalt and my exposed skin screams.

I feel like I am being cooked in an Insta-Yum.

My hands and feet felt like they are melting from coming into contact with it. My breaths are rapid and my mask is struggling to keep up.

Brrr, Shh, Brrrr, Shh, Brr, Shh.

Luckily, my head had landed on my hair and is using it as a sort of blanket so my face isn't searing into the ground.

I push off the dark pavement and grit my teeth so hard that it hurts as well. I raise my eyes, but I am a bit dizzy and I stumble over to a fallen floater nearby.

I pull the door open with my left hand and a wave of pain roars throughout it as the broken gadget rips through the skin. I use my right instead, kicking at it until the door becomes fairly loose.

I slide into the passenger seat.

A buckle automatically slides across my hips and over my right shoulder diagonally. It tightens up a little bit as it adjusted to me as the new passenger.

"Woah..."

I rest my head against the head rest and I feel it mold to the back on my head and I close my eyes for a second.

I raise my left hand to see why it is burning so much worse than the others and am met with a metallic scent and a dark red liquid. It is slashed open on the palm.

Great. Great. I'm exposed. And the evil people destroying plague is airborne and I'm exposed.

I clench my hand closed as I remember another thing.

Victims.

With their heightened senses, any in the area can probably smell my blood.

My eyes widen as the door that I was shoved out of earlier slides open and exposes Dark wrestling with another humanoid.

This time it doesn't look like Lukas' form. It has brown hair and golden-brown eyes. I am only about ten feet away for the skirmish

Behind them, Lukas slides out and immediately located me. He cocks his head a little bit.

I'm fine, help him.

Static fills my ear.

"Don't lie to me. I heard what you thought earlier."

Just help him!

"Fine."

It goes to static and then back to silence.

I look back to Dark as he wrestles with the human-looking bot.

"Let me go, you killer!" The bot yells out.

I narrow my eyes. Dark remains silent as he keeps holding him down on the ground. A little trail of blood runs from a cut on his cheek and slight swelling begins to show.

Unless this is a perfectly made replica, he isn't a robot at all. He is human too.

I look at Lukas as he walks over and looks at the other human. I think I see Lukas sigh before a little barrel forms on the AI's forearm and a dart sticks into the boy's neck.

Lukas turns and begins to walk towards me after this little scene. He pulls the door open and presses a button on the dash to release the hugging belts.

He pulls me out and is bridal style holding me when the first one showed up.

It leaps atop the abandoned floater and cocks his head as far as it can go.

It takes a long breath and his nostrils flare.

This one is young. He looks about 14. He smiles at us with yellowed teeth and his skin was dotted with bruises and veins.

Behind us, Dark throws the boy over his shoulder.

With one hand, he draws a blaster, and with the other, he secures the kid. The ground is still practically steaming so Lukas does not put me down.

The young Victim lowers down onto all fours and prowls a little closer. Lukas backs up slowly, nearing Dark and his weapon.

Another Victim appears. This time, it is an older woman who looks around 22 with bright but matted auburn hair.

She is much closer to death, and she has less control than the younger one. She twitches and licks her lips as she looks at us.

Her skin is an unhealthy yellow and she looks almost rotted.

A third and final one crawls from the shadows of a caved in building across the street from us.

It raises its head and let out some sort of scream/summoning call. It opens its mouth and inhales the air, catching the scent of my blood and I'm guessing the boy's behind me.

This one is around 19, the prime of a Victim's life. He has dark skin, but even so, you can still see the warped veins and bruises underneath.

His dreaded hair swings as he takes in his surroundings.

"Thank Y- You. For your ki-kind donati-tion."

My eyebrows shoot up. He is actually speaking. And thanking us for our deaths. How lovely.

Behind us, I hear a loud voice, a little sluggish, but still pretty strong:

"You think I would attack you without precautions? No! You can't dart me!"

Oh, man. Great timing.

The Victims watch, and the leader even seeming to chuckle.

They all get a little closer, and the woman begins to move in at a slight curve just like the leader does in a motion to entrap us.

The teen leaps off of the floater so that he is only a few feet away from us. I turn to look at the boy behind us and he is hyperventilating.

Out of nowhere, he starts screaming words like "alpha", "tango", "delta", and "fox".

The last word he says is "authorize".

~~~~~~~~~~
Hey again! This one is kinda long :) hope you enjoyed it!!! Oh man, I have a dentist appointment in a few minutes. I figured I should go ahead and write something before then so I wasn't all moody. Above picture is Dark (Menace). Oh, don't worry, you'll get his real one soon enough. 301 reads! Oh! And a special thanks to @Ihavenolife_101 and @Multifandom1703 for your feedback!!
As alwaysssss:
Thanks for reading!! ♥️