⊱⊰ 23: Payback [Revised] ⊱⊰

Arisa could hear her heart thumping. Sudden goosebumps crawled on her skin as she froze at the sight of the Silver Guardian. Her heart wouldn't stop pounding against her chest as unpleasant memories unlocked in her mind.

"Gemini," Arisa's voice barely left her lips.

The Silver Guardian stood up. "Most people call me Cas to not confuse me with my sister. But yeah. We meet again, folks."

Despite being relieved that the other Gemini wasn't there, Arisa couldn't help but feel uneasy. Even though Cas didn't attack her team until Libra showed up that night, he had been willing to finish them off to give his sister a break.

"Seeing you here can only mean one thing," said Kazuya, breaking the silence, "we were caught in an illusion."

Thelma gazed at Kazuya. "What? What do you mean by we were caught in an illusion?"

"Besides manipulating air," said Kazuya, folding his arms, "the twins are blessed with three other abilities: telepathy, disguise, and illusion. I'm guessing that this guy has been tricking our mind since we reached this bridge."

A sudden realization hit Arisa. She remembered that when they followed Aadila, trying to catch her, she suddenly felt dizzy. She gazed at the Silver Guardian standing before them, not believing how threatening his power could be.

"Bravo, Libra." Cas clapped his armored hands. "Everything you went through was all an illusion. I was aiming to trap you guys within it, but I guess I need my sister by my side to power up that ability."

Fear traveled through Arisa's veins, causing her to tremble. She imagined herself trapped in an illusion, never waking up. She rubbed her arms, suddenly feeling cold.

"Does that mean that all these Aadilas are fake and the real one isn't here?" Thelma glanced around.

Arisa examined her surroundings. The countless transparent purple bubbles still filled part of the illuminated bridge. Some of them floated close to the top of the bright towers. Arisa could see Aadila sleeping peacefully.

"Your cousin is here," said Cas. "But you'll have to find her. Despite Cancer begging us to let her live, there are higher chances that we won't accept his request and kill her."

"You monsters!" Thelma summoned her bow. "Is killing all you think with all the powers you were blessed with? Aren't you ashamed of that?"

Cas shrugged, his armor flashing under the bright light.

"Don't waste your energy with him, Sagittarius." Kazuya patted Thelma's shoulder. "You and Arisa can look for your cousin, I'll deal with this guy."

Arisa and Thelma gazed at him, unsure with his plan. Kazuya stared back at them. Despite his white helmet covering his face, Arisa could sense that he was smiling.

"Don't worry about me." He summoned his double-bladed staff. "I won't have any trouble fighting him."

Cas' laughter filled the air.

"You're full of yourself, Libra." Cas folded his arms. "Just because you were lucky last time, it doesn't mean that luck will be by your side again."

As Kazuya shifted his view to the Silver Guardian, Arisa remembered their battle in the Forbidden Lands. Libra had saved them in time before Gemini's silver dagger could strike her and Train. She remembered how skilled he was in fighting the twins. For sure, she didn't have to worry about anything after seeing that battle.

Kazuya walked a step forward, readying his weapon. "Go look for Aadila. I'll catch you, girls, later."

Arisa and Thelma replied with a nod. Before Arisa could follow Thelma, she focused her element on her left hand. A few seconds later, crimson flames covered her figure and vanished, revealing her crimson armor.