⊱⊰ 25: Shield of Cancer [Revised] ⊱⊰

Arisa stared at the young woman standing before her. Caramel-brown hair cascaded on the girl's shoulders as her brown eyes glared back at Arisa with coldness. Looking at the slim young woman, Arisa couldn't believe that such a beautiful girl could have so much hatred towards others.

"Surprise," said Gemini, placing her hands on her hips and tilting her head. "This is how I look. I should've been more careful with that annoying power you possess. I was so focused on killing you that I forgot about that ability."

Arisa didn't say anything, still not believing that the girl behind the silver armor had the courage to kill so many innocent beings. She looked sideways, understanding that appearances indeed fool others.

"Oh, well." Gemini shrugged. "I can still fight even without my armor."

With an instinct, Arisa rushed forward and grabbed Gemini's wrist before she could gesture with her hand.

Gemini gazed at her, smirking. "Think you can stop me by breaking my wrist?"

"Of course I don't think so." Arisa tightened her grip, concentrating her power. "You're a very strong Guardian, Gemini. Even if I leave you with multiple wounds, I'm sure you won't rest until you kill me."

The heat on Arisa's palm decreased its temperature, surrounding her armored hand with crimson flames. Gemini's eyes widened; she forcefully removed her wrist from Arisa's grip.

"No!" Gemini exclaimed, noticing Aries' symbol glowing on her wrist.

Arisa took a few steps backward as the young woman threatened to attack. When Arisa didn't see any sign of wind being manipulated by the Guardian, she prepared herself for a final attack. Gemini desperately gestured with her hand. Nothing happened.

For several seconds, only the sound of the giant water walls filled the silence.

"Alhena," Gemini called.

As nothing happened, Gemini examined her hands. Arisa could see that the girl was trembling and she noticed worry displaying on Gemini's face.

Arisa wasn't sure if the Guardians knew that her ability blocked other beings' magical energy for a limited time. Seeing how scared Gemini looked, it could be that she believed her powers were gone forever.

"My lovely dagger." Gemini clenched her fist, gazing at the ground defeated. "My wonderful powers."

A clanking sound joined the atmosphere as Arisa approached the Guardian, tightening her grip on her sword. Gemini shifted her gaze to her, her face looking pale for a few seconds.

Gemini took a step backward, nervously looking at her surroundings as if she was searching for a way out. Despite the horrible things the Guardian had done, Arisa couldn't help but feel pity.

"How pitiful." Arisa pointed her sword at her. "A minute ago you were looking so powerful and daring. Now look at you; you look so helpless and scared without your powers. I'm guessing that you were so used to them that you forgot how to protect yourself without them."

Gemini stared at her, fear dominating her expression. Arisa's heart tightened; part of herself still felt sorry for her. She took a deep breath, moving her kindness aside.

Arisa's blade touched Gemini's dark shirt. "This is what others feel when you despicable beings threaten them. This is what they feel when they suffer an attack and you Guardians are not there for them. Do you understand how painful it is to be powerless now?"

A short silence fell before Gemini broke it with her laughter. Arisa's forehead wrinkled, wondering what was so funny. No one would laugh in the situation the Guardian was in.