⊱⊰ 29: Saranyu of Ribawe [Revised] ⊱⊰

The morning sun warmed the land as the trio resumed their trip on their way to the capital. After waking up very early in the morning, Arisa and her companions had a quick breakfast before hitting the road. It had been several minutes since then.

With her arms wrapped around Kazuya's waist, Arisa admired the view around them as their horse galloped on the rocky path. Vivid green vegetation met her gaze, with various curious-looking trees filling the vast land. She placed her head on Kazuya's back, anxious to finally reach their destination.

Kazuya glanced over his shoulder. "Tired already?"

"Sort of," Arisa replied.

Thelma chuckled. "But it hasn't been an hour since we left our camping spot."

Arisa shifted her view to her left side and met the cheerful Thelma riding her brown horse. A little jealousy bothered her heart, wishing she could ride her own horse like her friend.

"I guess I'm just being impatient," Arisa teased. "I wish we could reach Lunara as fast as possible. After all, we're not the only ones that are after Garoh."

"Yeah," agreed Thelma. "Surely those monsters are targeting him, just like they targeted me to find you. Let's hope we won't spend a long time in the capital and find Garoh before them."

Arisa tightened her arms around Kazuya, hoping that this time they would leave this world without causing any troubles to Garoh's family. She still felt guilty knowing that Aadila was kidnapped by the Guardians because of her.

She shook her head lightly, trying to push away the negative thoughts that were about to flood her. She gazed around, distracting herself with the green view. For a minute, only the sound of galloping horses filled the silence.

"I wonder which Earthling country the Kingdom of Lunara is connected to." Thelma broke the brief silence. "If I knew, we would've taken a plane and catch a train to meet Garoh."

"That would have been great," said Kazuya, smiling. "But we don't have any choice now. As long as we find this legendary griffon, we won't have trouble reaching there fast."

Arisa's gaze met Kazuya's back as she wondered what those creatures looked like.

As the clock kept ticking, Arisa didn't drop her view from her surroundings. Everything looked so peaceful until she saw a forest that sped her heart.

At first glance, the woods seemed ordinary, with multiple trees decorating the environment with dark leaves. Beyond the many samplings, Arisa could see a mountain. Goosebumps crawled on her skin as her gaze froze on the forest.

"That's an interesting forest there," said Kazuya.

Thelma kept her focus on the scene. "Yeah. I wonder what kind of creatures live there; I get bad vibes only by looking at it."

Arisa shifted her view to Thelma, amazed that she also had a bad feeling about that forest.

"Same here," said Kazuya. "Thankfully, we won't have the pleasure to explore it; our road is elsewhere."

Thelma smiled. Before Arisa could join the conversation, her heart leaped when a large shadow covered them.

She looked up and saw a big blue bird covering the sun. Her chin dropped.

"I-is that a blue jay I'm seeing?" she asked.

Thelma nodded. "Yeah. It's an unnaturally big blue jay."

Arisa couldn't drop her gaze at the bird floating above them. She wouldn't have imagined that one day she would see a bird of that size.

Ah, travelers, a calm voice echoed in her mind. Please stop; I need some information.