Chapter 2

Elizabeth's P. O. V
The smoke was intoxicating. It made me dizzy, which made it harder to walk without swaying on my feet.
Every exit was guarded by fire. I didn't know this place- I was wildly searching for a way out. I lugged the body along.
It was heavy, which didn't really help the fact that I was already struggling. I felt my knees buck as I kept on moving, but I forced myself to stay strong.
There were no doors. But I wasn't done yet. If there were no doors, there were windows. And sure enough, I found one.
I groaned and I readjusted my grip on the body. I waa already exhausted. But if I stopped here, I'd die. I'm not ready for that.
I searched for a decent looking plank I could use as a platform. There were metal scraps, chipped wood.
The scraps of metal were lifted into the air and molded together and I roasted it over the fire. I then madw it float over to the body and I, and then I placed myself and my souvenir on the platform. I couldn't waste any time now, I was so close. I couldn't stop. I almost dropped the body as I collapsed onto the weak make shift ground I had made. With a long, strained moan, I hefted the metal into the air, a little to desperately. I was catapulted through the window I chose, my grip still tight on the body as I slammed on to my feet, staggering as I felt pain shoot up my ankles. I looked around, and almost cried.
I was free. I felt like a damn goddess- I just wanted to run around like an idiot trying to touch the sky.
But I had other things to take care of.
I analysed my surroundings, trying my hardest not to get distracted. I was in some sort of street. There was a grocery store across the road, wedged between some other shops that I didn't know. I dashed forward, gaining speed as I went, and crashed right onto the door.
Right, there are doors.
But they don't have handles or scanners... How do I.. What do I...?
I almost fell on top of the body as the doors opened by themselves. Right. I knew that. Automatic doors- Ha! It's all coming back to me now.
I bolted inside and behind one of the isles. Then I remembered. The body.
I searched the isles for some packs of paper towels, and surprisingly, there were a lot. I dragged about twelve- smug that I could even remember what paper towels were, and organised the packs into a bed. Using my abilities, I gently laid the body out onto the bed. I finally had a chance to analyse him properly.
He had dirty blonde hair, cropped, but it had grown out a little, so short locks of blonde were scattered across his forehead and tickling his ears.
His was clean shaven, but there was rough stubble dotting his chin. His skin was pale, covered in ash coloured smudges and dried blood, and his lips were thin and chapped. He needs water. I ran to find some. There were very few bottles left, but I would make the most of it, and besides- I only needed one. I returned with the bottle, and unscrewed the lid. I cupped my palm and lured some water into it, and then dabbed at his face, cleaning the cuts and wiping the dirt away. I then carefully opened his mouth, and right when I was about to our some in, he woke up. I screamed, triggering my powers, which threw me back a meter. I fumbled with the bottle of water and screwed the lid back on, and then threw it to the side.
"What the f*ck?" the man asked, patting his face which was slightly damp. "What the actual f*ck?"
And then he turned to me. "Who are you? Where am I? "
I said nothing. My gaze flickered to his gun that was attached to his hip, and I immediately dove for it, relishing the sense of relief once I had it pointed at him. But he was a trained fighter, and it seemed like he was prepared for situations like this.
He leaped off the bed and grabbed the nozzle of the gun, throwing his foot forward and sweeping me off my feet.
The man tore the gun out of my hands and pinned my wrists above my head with one of his, and then bringing his knee beside my hip to straddle me. I froze as he reached for the gun, my wrists still held captive above my head with his other hand.
I'm going to die, I'm going to die, holy sh*t it's going to be painful..
"What the hell do you want from me?" he demanded, I bucked under him, trying to free myself. I twisted and kicked, but he was too strong.
Then I felt it. The endless stream of hot tears raining down my face, tracing the shape of my cheeks and jaw.
I hated the feeling. The feeling that I was about to die because I made a mistake. I shouldn't of saved him. He probably was a PSF.
I knew I could use my powers, but he had a gun. He was trained. I could die with one wrong move. I arched my back and bent my elbows. Better to die trying then  die waiting.
"Nothing!" I gasped, choking on my ragged breaths. "I saved you! Now get the f*ck off me!"
He seemed to consider that, and I stopped moving around. "How old are you?" he asked. My gaze hardened suspiciously.
The man rolled his eyes. "What color?"
"Why do you want to know?" I snapped. "So you can take me to the rest of the PSFs to die?"
"What the hell are you talking about?"
"You attacked me, you d*ck. You have a gun and you're to old to be a freak like me!"
"No!" The man protested. "You're to old to even be a freak! You're a PSF, you liar!"
I realised that his grip had loosened while we had been accusing each other. I flicked my hand upward, tossing him off me.
I scrambled to my feet and held my hands up, ready to attack again.
"You were saying?" I growled as he hesitantly climbed back on to his feet.
"And you're about to get your *ss beaten by a nineteen year old" I added, throwing my hands into the air and collecting the gun by doing so. I aimed it at him. "Goodnight"