Chapter 6

Elizabeth's P. O. V
My eyes flutter open- and I'm greeted by the brush of warm sunlight and an unfamiliar room. I sat up, realising that Cole wasn't here.
Where am I?
I pushed myself out of the bed, my knees buckling slightly I dusted down my clothes. I stumbled forward. In front of me would be the shower. It was on.
I could hear the water thundering against the walls and male voice humming a tune I couldn't recognise. I looked around.
Beside me, there was a table. It had the medical kit and weapons scattered across it. I snatched the gun and adjusted my grip nervously. What if Cole was inside? Wouldn't that just embarrass us both? It doesn't matter. If it isn't, I'll shoot- no matter how horrible my aim was. And if it wasn't, I'll throw him out because I need a shower too. I smell like charcoal.
I took a steady step forward, kicking an empty bottle of wine out of the way. I raised the gun higher with my second step.
The water stopped- I could hear a towel being pulled roughly from a hook- or something like that- and the person drying themself.
I took a deep breath, then with my free hand I twisted the door knob and and flicked my wrist up, letting the door fly open.
I screamed and slapped a hand over my eyes, dropping the gun and collapsing on to my back. I split my fingers to let me see a little- only to find Cole looming over me, towel wrapped low around his hips, blue eyes watching me and his choppy hair dripping wet. I scrambled to my feet and let him peel my hands off my eyes. "You have me a heart attack, Sunshine"
I blushed brightly and tried to shove him away, but his arms found my waist and I was suddenly pressed against him.
"Trying to join me? You're a few to late, Beautiful"
I rolled my eyes and ducked away from his hold.
"There's only one towel! Unless you want to use hand towels to dry yourself" he called. I am not using hand towels. How the hell am I going to cover myself.
I loved the way his eyes widened when I yanked the corner of his towel off his body and dragged it behind me, letting it dangle off my curved fingers to tease him we I met his gaze, trying to stay focused on his bright blue eyes that were dimming in a way that I didn't understand.
Cole grabbed a strand from my dark, tangled hair and let it slip between his fingers as I disappeared behind the door, locking it securely.
I really could use a shower.

Cole's P. O. V
I was still standing there, eyes wide, even though she already started to shower. I knew that she was damn brave, but to have the confidence to strip me naked, I'm sad to say she has officially scared me sh*tless.
I forced myself to find my clothes, and I pulled them on hesitantly. After that I collapsed on to the bed, trying to clear my head.
It didn't even help. The sheets smelled like her- honey and somehow strawberries, though I've never seen her eat any.
I winced at how obsessed I was. What the f*ck is wrong with me?
I bolted in to an upright position when I heard the water stop and the door swing open.
Lizzie strolled in to the room, towel secured around her body and one hand locked over the corner tucked loosely into the wrap.
Her shoulder-length, dark hair clung to her neck and wet strands hung by her face. Deciding to get her back, knowing that I wouldn't to snatch her towel away, I slapped her *ss instead. She yelped in shock and whipped around to glare at me.
"Was that necessary?" she grumbled stepping closer. I just smirked.
"Not as bad as being stripped" I retorted. She blushed bright red, and before I knew what was happening, she had her hand tangled in my hair and her other pressed against my chest. My arms were wound around her hips.
This was wrong.
She obviously had the same idea because we both broke away from each other in sync. She disappeared into the bathroom again while I slumped against the door.
I buried my face into my hands and groaned quietly.
I hate this. I hate how I can't control the need to be near her, and I hate how I barely know her yet I'm still trying to.
But for some reason, I like the feeling of how my heartbeat starts to thunder in my chest and how I feel protective over her, even though there is nothing between us other than the fact that I owe her for saving my life.

Sorry it's so short. But you can't exactly have high expectations when I've got my life outside of the world of fanfiction to deal with. Enjoy