𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄 ʀᴇsᴄᴜᴇ

𝐂𝐇  𝐗𝐈𝐈//𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

𝐂𝐇  𝐗𝐈𝐈
//𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

MY HEART LEAPS out of my chest. He looks so familiar, but something is off about him. He looks almost translucent.

He's smiling too, a genuine kind smile.

I stand still, studying what or who is in front of me, still trying to figure out what is happening.

He's dressed in water tribe attire, dark brown hair with warrior braids hanging on one side of his face, his eyes as blue as the sky.

He reminds me of someone, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

He stands just as still as I am. But still with a kind face. He has yet to talk and either has I.

I decide to make the first move.

"W-who are you?" As soon as the words left my mouth I saw it. I saw who he was.

~

I laugh as he picks me up on his shoulders and trudges through the deep snow. "Dad!" I giggle. We walk a few yards a little ways from camp.

"Alright! Are you ready Saki?" He asks once we reach a hole in the ice-filled with freezing water.

I nod, taking my hands and gently spreading them away from my body, I slowly turn my palms facing up, letting little droplets of water form ascending higher into the air.

Dad lets a proud grin escape on his lips while I'm still on his shoulders.

"Yes!" He laughs.

He lifts me off his shoulder and lowers me to the ground. Making me lose concertation and having the water flatly fall to the ground.

"I'm so proud of you kiddo." He smiles, placing his hand on my cheek.

~

"Dad..." I choke.

He looks much older than the last time I've seen him.

He opens his arms for me to run into.

And I do.

I run so fast, not letting anything get in the way. Feeling as if I don't hurry this moment will be gone, I reach for his hand,

But he fades away, blowing into thin air like a cloud. My heart sinks once I realize he's no longer in front of me.

"No..."

𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗

I walk back to Haru's home with puffy red eyes and sniffling every few seconds.